class rebalancing coming soon!!!

Discussion in 'Templar' started by ARCHIVED-PeterJohn, Jun 16, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-PeterJohn Guest

I am very excited to hear that GU64 is being planned for July? I remember a certain developer posting that class balancing issues for templars (and some other classes) was going to be looked at "after GU63 but before GU64"...
    So I assume that this is being looked at now? Are templars finally going to get the second group cure?
  2. ARCHIVED-Meatwaggon Guest

I do believe SOE devs have let themselves believe they've fixed templars with prestige abilities. GU64 is a month away and no hide nor hair of any word of any changes of any kind to the templar class. What do you think is the likely outcome of this ludicrosity?
  3. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

If the devs don't think it's broke, they won't fix it :( And for some reason they think everything is just peachy.
  4. ARCHIVED-Meatwaggon Guest

Templars don't need more raw healing power. They have pretty much never needed more healing power. This has never been their problem. But this is pretty much what they got with GU63. Instead, they should have just given templars a second group cure, turned that idiotically useless Manacure into a legitimate, no-nonsense, no-strings-attached, straight up second group cure and gotten it over with ffs. I wouldn't have cared if I had to dump 10AA into it to get it. This is the key to templar desirability in all content post-DOV where life and death is not on a razor-thin margin. But for whatever reason the devs chose to ignore a chorus of complaints from templars that spanned dozens of pages with contributions from many different templars doing both group and raid content spanning pretty much the entire range of difficulty. If this is not a definitive response from the templar community, I don't know what is.
  5. ARCHIVED-Meatwaggon Guest

PeterJohn wrote:
    This just in: GU64 going on test next week. So your quote is now confirmed as something-other-than-the-truth. There is also no mention of templar fixes within GU64 itself. Any last holdouts in this class still? Time to betray to inq, or stop playing your templar altogether.
  6. ARCHIVED-PeterJohn Guest

You must be mistaken. Developers said they would look at templar (and other class) balance issues after GU63 but before GU64. This must mean that the templar changes will be occurring on test before the week is even over!!!!
    Either that, or the developers just don't understand how outdated the concept of having 1 group cure really is and how it is STILL killing the templar class.
  7. ARCHIVED-CrypticEnigma Guest

I'll hold off until I see the actual test update notes and tbh if they omit aka ignore any changes repeatedly requested by the templar community again I may be done with the game....I will not betray to inquis or play my alt for raids.
    FIX THE DAMM CLASS OR REMOVE THEM !
  8. ARCHIVED-PeterJohn Guest

I think that the developers are reluctant to give up this OUTDATED GAME MECHANIC that is healers with only 1 group cure. They fail to understand how penalized templars are due to not having the second group, both in heroic and in raid zones. And they continue to release content that is "intensive cure or die" while failing to realize the impact this has on the desirability of templars.
  9. ARCHIVED-sorie67 Guest

Sorry but GU64 on test server is only for Fighters class rebalance only and no other class. I wish it was true they would look into the healing class as well.
  10. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Yeah, I'm afraid templars didn't make GU64.
    Maybe 65?
  11. ARCHIVED-Meatwaggon Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    What happened to "after GU63 but before GU64"? I'll tell you what happened. The devs talked to some high end templar who told them he likes his class just fine, and they decided to ignore pretty much every other templar that has been posting in the official forums saying otherwise. When you have sheer and utter cluelessness on this kind of level, it's just not worth arguing about anymore. The reason templars didn't make GU63 or GU64 is because THEY DON'T THINK ANYTHING IS WRONG WITH TEMPLARS. There have now been over 2 dozen pages of threads filled with templars saying something is wrong, so what else is there left to say? Nothing. But it's now pretty obvious that this was all a wasted effort. Let the templar class rot at this point. Why continue to let yourselves be frustrated by persistent and unrepentant cluelessness and broken promises? This is a game, and ineptitude will eventually reflect itself in less and less subscriptions. Let the market forces work itself out. Personally, I'm done with templars, and if your'e smart, you will be too.
  12. ARCHIVED-Dahmer Guest

Very disapointing when a dev says that they are going to adjust the class, just to see it not happen.
    I'm sure it's not any templar saying that they are "fine" ~ there are only a handful of templars still around and everyone knows what the current state of the class is.
    Maybe they couldn't make the time to adjust things...who knows.
  13. ARCHIVED-CrypticEnigma Guest

I'm fuming at this point yet another broken promise, Templars aside we are not the only class that has exisiting issues that needed fixing and were patiently waiting for this update ours is just the most ignored. The end result of this is quite frankly the class is dying a fast death unless they are willing to betray/reroll inquis.
  14. ARCHIVED-Dahmer Guest

Think your better bet is to reroll as a Warden if you want to maintain your mt spot.
  15. ARCHIVED-toblond4myowngd Guest

I am very disappointed and quite frankly a little P.O.ed that SoE IGNORED us once AGAIN when they gave us hope. It would have been better if you hadn't said ANYTHING to us because at least we wouldn't have held out some hope for change.
    I think the biggest reason I am disappointed is because I have been watching the Templar threads and there have been some GOOD suggestions besides asking for a second group cure. For example, that Sanctuary thread brought up some good points and ideas of how to make the skill more useful as it isn't horribly useful with the current content. We have thrown out so many ideas and all we heard was that they were going to "look into" the class for the GU and they didn't. Instead of even attempting some minor tweaks to Templars we got a tank overhaul and a "Reckless" stance for all tanks. Really?
    WE HAVE GIVEN YOU FEEDBACK ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING?! Because if you are, it sure doesn't seem like it. Many Templar skills are OUTDATED with the new mechanics that YOU have put into play and nothing has been done to try and remedy that.
    The only reason I even keep my Templar geared anymore is for the off chance that my raid leader decides to swap out one of our Inquisitors for a fight (I am my guild's ONLY raid geared Templar, it's not my main, and we are in HM Drunder and HM Skyshrine). So far I haven't seen it happen and have only gotten a spot in raid when an Inquisitor doesn't show up so we need another cleric.
  16. ARCHIVED-PeterJohn Guest

There must be some mistake. I cannot reasonably assume that SOE is choosing to completly ignore all of the templar posts made in the past several months. GU64 is now on test, and we were told that templars would be looked at prior to GU64.
    I noticed there are some test notes regarding PVP templar changes. I hope that SOE does not think that all the problems templars are having is limited only to PVP.
  17. ARCHIVED-Dahmer Guest

No, i doubt what he was refering to was a pvp fix.
    We were ignored.
  18. ARCHIVED-CrypticEnigma Guest

I read the pvp updates for templars and they for the most part were a nerf...reducing sanctuary to 15 sec max are you kidding me...and not one peep about unnerfing healer cures in pvp...only shows that have even less a clue about open world pvp changes than they do about the state of the class in pve...
  19. ARCHIVED-Dahmer Guest

Sanctuary took a massive hit in pvp which is stupid considering no AOE blockers are being reduced in duration..They also nerfed Divine Guidance AGAIN, because clearly the 1st nerf two years ago was not enough.../sigh
    Edit~ Also to add the fact our reactives don't trigger off ma, flurry..Has me a bit concered...I tried queing up for test BG's yesterday and waited a good 30 minutes without a match, so i am wondering if it's going to be possiable to even heal through the damage output.
  20. ARCHIVED-CrypticEnigma Guest

Dahmer wrote:
    7 years on pvp servers and countless fights tell me little to no hope with the current changes