Class Questions for KA

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Malianna, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Malianna Member

So, I'm looking to return for KA, but I've heard nothing too great about the expac for those who have been behind.

I mostly worked on a Swashbuckler and wish to continue that character. How well would I be able to play the game outside of solo content, or am I just out of luck?

I am on AB
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

You would do better finding an active guild that will assist you to level, gear and get spells. You would then help them as they help you. I don't PuG... EVER! So I have no idea of the PuG scene other than whats posted on the forums here. So you might ask around here or on AB. I am on AB. My guild is a VERY casual guild but we only have one heroic group of 100s at this time and we usually only group one or two nights a week, if that often. Most other nights are just casual, or solo stuff, though often someone is online to assist. A few of them do PuGs and seem to have fun doing them, but no other details.

Hope that's of minor help, at least.
  3. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

I'm not on AB, but I know that my guild would love a swash in our groups and raid. You're not going to get the same love as a top dps class, which currently would be beastlord, ranger, summoner. and in the future the sorcs and assassin will hopefully be included in that group. Devs have stated recently that they do not consider swash to be a t1 dps.

But, swash is still an awesome class. Can dominate during aoe situations while also providing some strong threat utility. So I would never turn one away if they are dedicated to working up their character and have a fun or at least pleasant personality.
  4. Earar Well-Known Member

there are a lot of things to do for returning players. Just better find a guild that will help u get on top of things. I started without guild are there are a lot of things I missed at the start of KA as a returning player