Class Hat Walkthrough

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Pegesus11, Mar 7, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Pegesus11 Guest

Asked of me to post this for us so here it is:

Quest Name: Blood of the Brood
    Starter NPC: Hoo'Luh

This quest starts in Barren Sky. Take the Cloud Porter from Whisperwind to Isle of Discord get off Invis and run to the the right to the large Chain. Climb all the way up the chain to the very top. Once you get to the peak of the chain look down you will see a tiny little ledge below you. Drop down and hail the Owl Hoo'luh.

He asks you to get an update from a Vultak Scroll Bearer. This mob can be found on the isle you are on which is Strifewing. Its a psuedo named mob called.."A vultak scroll bearer" kill him he auto updates. Go back to Hoo'luh.

Next Head to Library of Arcane Science in NFP for Evil and Mage Tower if Good and get a scroll off table. For Evil its on top floor on table in front of the writ giver. NO idea where it is for Goodies. Then back to Hoo'Luh

Next Hoo'luh asks you to Lead him to the Egg. Get a group zone into the Nest of the Great Egg instance clear the whole zone. Once you get to the elevator go up and immedietly send the elevator back down. Kill the ring event but don't kill the Named. Have someone drop back down run all the way to the entrance of the nest to the room opposite the crafting tables. Hoo'luh will be there. Hail him but don't have him follow you leave him there run all the way back up to the top and kill the Named. Go back and get Hoo'luh and take him to the Egg. After you get update go back to Hoo'luh in Barren Sky.

Next he'll have you get rare updates off mobs. Scaleborn warriors located in Sanctum of Scaleborn. Bloodscale Dreadknights in Palace of Awankend all the way up top in the Dragon Rooms. Doomscale Centurions in Halls of Fate. Formless Abominations in Halls of Fate. Lastly the Blood of Sothis in Halls of Fate.

Sothis is a lvl 72 Heroic Dragon with DD Posion and Poison Dot. Avg melee hit is around 2k. He has a knockback and a stun. Also within 10 secs of pulling him mobs will slowly walk out from a chamber behind him and up a ramp toward wherever you pulled Sothis these are also lvl 72 heorics. The trick is this. Pull Sothis back to the room above him and postion the tank in the corner of the entrance threshold behind the latern and have the healers on teh opposite sides wedged into the same spot. BURN BURN BURN is the key you have at most 30 secs before adds get ot you there is no way to keep all of em under control so Sothis needs to die before you get eaten by them. There are vials of voitle potion on the tables and floor around Sothis have each group member pick one up and use on Sothis towards the end they hit for 2.6k.

After this return to Hoo'luh he then tells you he needs something blessed by the egg and gives you a disguise to wear. Head back to the Nest select the top option. You must do this solo not with a group. climb down the first wall once inside and it tells you to use the disguise. THis is tricky you must make your way all the way up to the top without being noticed which means you cannot come within Melee distance from any bird in the Nest so plan you moves carefully. you have 10 mins once you get inside to get this done.

Once finished go back to Hoo'luh and claim your hat. You must be 67 to wear it unless your a chanter which for some reason you can be 63.

Grats you now have your Signature Hat Walkthrough.

Hopefully by the time you all get your hat the graphic will be changed.
  2. ARCHIVED-Bonesplitta Guest

Just regarding the fight vs Sothis, the potions that you find on the tables should actually be used on the adds. The adds are considered "dry" mobs, so the volatile potions will hit them, and then take a few seconds before they go fully into effect and boom one add down. Just one person on add detail should be enough to make the fight alot easier ;)
  3. ARCHIVED-Sambora Guest

Is .."A vultak scroll bearer" a rare mob that can spawn anywhere? I have been killing them Aviaks for a while on the isle and I have yet to see one pop.
  4. ARCHIVED-Lechacal Guest

There is a Vultak camp up top the island, you have to go up there by climbing a wall. Both times I went up there with people at this step of the quest we got attacked by the scroll bearer after a little while.
  5. ARCHIVED-Rezniak Guest

Thanks for the post Sidious. It is helpfull.

Amabuss
  6. ARCHIVED-Halcat Guest

This is correct, when you go up top to the camp, the scroll bearer will fly in after a few minutes and land in the camp. He is either level 65 or 66 ^^^ and has a lot of hp's. It's a fairly tough fight, so it's best to bring a full group, especialy since it's easy to get adds.
  7. ARCHIVED-Xecros Guest

My experience with Vultak the Scroll Bearer,

Myself and a 62 Fury made our way up top. We fought are way up there using my tank pet has the tank.(I'm a 65 Conjuror, all spells at Adept 3).

After reaching the top, we cleared about 1/4 of the way in, and Vultak attacked! We died. I stayed at my body to see where Vultak would fly off to....i saw he flew all the way to the back of the camp. I'm thinking "D@mn, that's an awefully large aggro range".

We got a third person, a 62 tank, to help out so I could go all dps. Made our way back up top, cleared 1/4 of the way in and waited for Vultak to aggro. No dice. It seems he aggro's you when he first spawns, after that he aggro's like any other mob. We died after getting Vultak down to 50% health.

We called it quits and agreed to try again later. about 45 minutes later, we tried again with a full group. He went down no problem.

Vultak is a 65^^^ herioc mob. At least, he was for us.

Xec
  8. ARCHIVED-Sambora Guest

Thanks for the information everyone :) I hope to be able to get him this afternoon.
  9. ARCHIVED-Jvaloth Guest

The Vultak Scrollbearer has ALOT of hitpoints too. More so than average ^^^ heroics.

Can the Skarize adds be mezzed easily?
  10. ARCHIVED-Pegesus11 Guest

Never tried mezzing em. Rarely have a chanter or bard in my group. But i would guess they mezz fine if you are of level. However you can easily just pull one at a time to the back rooms and tank em against the wall there knockback is only frontal.

And on a side note or POS rust bucket they are calling our class helm still has yet to have a new graphic or even any graphic yet depiste my oh i don't know 20 feebacks and petitions. I don't even see any refrence to any type of fix yet. Woot we are the only now left i believe that dont have some type of unique graphic.
  11. ARCHIVED-Mjollnyr Guest

If your refering to the Statue spawns during the Sothis fight. Yes, they are mezzable.

Sothis has alot of Hps. Typical group set up with an enchanter to mez, you can burn Sothis down in 2-4 spawns of the statue.

I've done it in 2 spawns, but only ever once. Typically 3 will spawn. Occasionally with a low-ish dps group we'll get four. All easy numbers for an enchanter to deal with.
  12. ARCHIVED-wulfgarthegreat Guest

just use the vials of burning stuff to kill the adds throw it on them 4 seconds later there dead hehe