clarification on certain runes...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Treiko, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Treiko Active Member

I am just confused and irritated because I am confused... why is it when I have the purple adorns that make me immune to stuns and stifles, I am being stunned and stifled? Also SK has fearless AA yet seems to be getting feared? I only ask because I am unfortunately a logical person, and this is not logical in any sense.... can anyone clarify what the point of the immunity is if it doesn't actually do anything?
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Which adornments are they, exactly?
  3. Occam Well-Known Member

Is your SK the one using the purple resist adorns? If so, you waisted 45 etyma for each of them, because they don't work for fighters according to the description on the item.

If that's not the case, then I suspect the issue is with The Experiment in Labs? He has a special ability that is "technically" not a stun. It prevents you from taking certain actions depending on your class. If you're a healer, you can't cast any beneficial spells. DPS can't use damage agilities. Was pretty sneaky of SOE to get us all excited about being immune to stuns and stifles, only to slip in an ability that does essentially the same thing anyway. :p
    alQamar and Wirewhisker like this.
  4. Treiko Active Member

No, my sk has the 50% resist cc rune. My necro is the one with the supposed immunity, and I haven't been to Labs or halls in quite some time. No, this was during my run through bc, hk, and pcd. I will run them again when i get home from work to see if I can grab the names of whatever is affecting me so.
  5. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

If you are doing zones with mobs that require mages to cure healers, immunities won't work. They cast 'no beneficials or hostiles' on people, rather than stun/stifle.
    Nameds that do this are found in Halls, Labs and Dominion, if thats where you've encountered the issues.