City Writs - why do I have the same one for so long mid tier?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire, Jan 21, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

I remember a thread about this long ago, was it ever answered? Maybe it can be revisited by Domino again. I am leveling a 2nd provis on another server, just dinged 49. I forget what level I first got the talented tier five writ but, it was at least 44 I think? I have been doing the same writ for ages it feels like, and now I get the difficult one at level 49. The 3rd writ of the tier should start at the 7 or 8 latest IMO, not when you are about done. I know some people may keep to old ones for cheaper raws but I would rather invest time in harvesting and get more SP & XP if raws are that much worse in the current tier.
  2. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

It's been so long all I can really remember is that it's by design. To re-do them the old way (where it pulled random recipes each level) would have taken so long that it would have been another year before we got writs back.
    Ah, found the bit Dymus told me way way back:
    ( http://eq2.allakhazam.com/wiki/Trad...kill_Writ_Guide )
    It'd be awful nice if there were enough developer resources to add a couple more in there, maybe at least one at x6 or x7.
  3. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

Calthine wrote:
    Given there is no rush like there was when Dymus did it, I'd just prefer they made the system pull random recipes from within a 2 level range.
  4. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

That would drive me freakin nuts. I have my level 80 Jeweler rush order recipes all on one hotbar. I don't even browse the recipe book.
  5. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Deson wrote:
    That'd be nice, but I'd bet that scrapping and re-writing the TS writ system while other new stuff is under development would be resource-expensive.
  6. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

I'd just like the difficult to start a few levels lower, that's all. In T5, I did the same talented 30 times, well, not quite that but it felt close, probably 20ish? Then I did my first pristines and the difficult writ 3 times and was 50.