City change allegiance question

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Shia, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Shia New Member

New player Question here. I play a Freeblood Conjurer who is of good alignment so is based in Qeynos. I have other characters I play who are of neutral or evil alignment and they hang out in Freeport. My question is, can a Conjurer switch to Freeport with out taking a negative hit and how is this done?
    Thanks in advance
  2. Dilon Active Member

A conjuror is a 'good' class and cannot be based in Freeport. If you betray a summoner to Freeport it will become a necromancer.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

In addition to the fact that you would become a Necromancer if you change your alignment, you should also know that there is no neutral alignment. There are two sort of neutral cities. Gorowyn is evil aligned, but will allow good aligned people to move around and do business. New Halas is good aligned, but allows evil people to move around and do some limited business. The only way there are neutral aligned characters is if you decide to betray your current alignment and never finish becoming the other alignment. If you do that, though, you would be very limited in which cities you could enter. People did this for PvP and RP reasons, but I don't think there is any other benefit.
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

Sorry, forgot to answer your other question. There are two ways to betray, either through the timeline or using a betrayal token from the loyalty vendor. This is a link to the information about betraying. https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Betrayal_Timeline. It also has information about which classes are tied to a specific alignment.
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  5. Shia New Member

Thanks all for the answers. I hadn't known the class would change which surprised me. The explanation of the other cities was also interesting to learn about in regards to faction mixing etc.

Thanks again.
    Dude and Breanna like this.