Chronoportal Phenomenon Returns for 2016! Ends March 24, 2016

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Roshen Well-Known Member

Portals to the Age of Turmoil have, once again, opened up in Antonica, Enchanted Lands, Thundering Steppes, Steamfont, Lavastorm, Sinking Sands, Feerrott, and Moors of Ykesha. Will you adventure through these portals to investigate them?

[IMG]

Chronoportal Phenomenon ends at 11:59PM PDT on Thursday, March 24, 2016.

New For 2016!

Erben and Distun Delki, the Chronoportal merchants, are now selling new EQ Paintings: "Entering Crushbone," "View of Old Freeport," and "The Pinnacle of Knowledge."

[IMG]

Returning Features from Previous Years

Eight Portals to the Past zones, featuring well known encounters

• “Portal to the Past: Qeynos Hills”
    • “Portal to the Past: Plains of Karana”
    • “Portal to the Past: Qeynos Ruins”
    • “Portal to the Past: Steamfont”
    • “Portal to the Past: Nagafen's Lair"
    • “Portal to the Past: Southern Desert of Ro”
    • “Portal to the Past: Ocean of Tears"
    • “Portal to the Past: Guk”
    For more information about this event, check out some of our fan sites! ZAM has a great Chronoportal write up on their site.

Chronomancers are very interested in this phenomenon and will reward adventurers that investigate the other sides of these portals and bring back relics from within. Will you venture through these portals this year?
    Kurisutaru, Jaden, Ishuna and 3 others like this.
  2. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Too bad Zam has not updated their EQ2 information in almost a year.
  3. Ishuna Well-Known Member

4. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Was the Replica of the Ancient Cyclops retired? He's not available on the merchant's list this year. Everything else is there...
  5. Armageddoux Active Member

ZAM said good bye to SOE - Daybreak in April 2015 as stated by Feldon in his article about : http://eq2wire.com/2015/06/09/the-future-of-zam-network-2/
    The 2 editors Calthine and Cyliena were fired at that moment. Cyliena seems to work for eq2Wire now
  6. flameweaver Well-Known Member

It's symptomatic of what's happening over at DBG towers that Community Relations don't actually know what's happening within the community at large. A sorry state of affairs. :(
  7. Katz Well-Known Member

8. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Yet they still follow Everquest (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/)? Granted I did not find any recent articles for H1Z1 or Planetside. I can definitely say that my ire towards Zam is that they chose to abruptly ignore a game that is still active and being developed. Such a poor business decision on their part.

Calthine and Cyliena are great people, EQ2Wire is a great site, and the fact that EQ2's Wikia is being updated again, at least in some part, is a good thing. Mind that the Wikia is player based, so if you want the information out there, it needs to be put there voluntarily.

Besides Feldon and his crew, and Daicia in part on the Wikia, EQ2 is also supported by Naimi Denmother at her site EQ2Traders, and Lera at EQ2Furniture. These are not the only people that have volunteered time and effort to support EQ2 players, but in the context of the Holiday events, they are the most visible.

To them, thank you, so very much.
    Streppoch and Armageddoux like this.
  9. Spindle Well-Known Member

So write about your ire on the zam sites. Complaining about another company's policy here is, well, worthless.
    Kittybock and Naramsin like this.
  10. Katz Well-Known Member

I think the posts were more to alert Daybreak about Zam. If Daybreak had a subforum for fansites to post in, perhaps it would be easier to see which fansites are posting there and would be a clear sign which are still active. As it is, we can only inefficiently try and spread the word about active fansites now.
  11. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

I did, Spindle, they ignored it. *shrugs* Enough of that, we move forward.
  12. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Also, you could also help the community at large, join wikia and update the site. The EQ2 Wikia site is updated entirely by volunteers, join us and make a difference. ;)
    Kittybock likes this.
  13. flameweaver Well-Known Member

No, picked it up yesterday, but it's not a separate replica as it is linked/grouped with the tarantula replica.
  14. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Hmm, I'll go back and look again. Thanks!
    flameweaver likes this.
  15. Ishuna Well-Known Member

It's the "bane of the desert" one. If you preview it it just shows the spider but when placed it's the spider and cyclops.
    Mercychalice and flameweaver like this.
  16. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I remembered getting it last year. I just didn't remember it being linked with the spider :)
    flameweaver likes this.
  17. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Perhaps I should pick it up again, though I do not raid anymore, barely craft, and only hit new content when brought specifically! The sad life of an RP guild-leader! LOL

However I do lots in-game to support my community on AB, including reading and relaying information gleaned elsewhere. There are a few other things I do too, out of game, but not anything that takes up all my time.
    flameweaver likes this.
  18. Grouse Active Member

I need to inventory my replica collection to see if I am missing any....
  19. Grouse Active Member

I need to inventory my replica collection to see if I am missing any....
  20. Grouse Active Member

(Firefox crashed, restarted -- opening all existing pages, and reposted the message...)