Chrono Event Suggestions

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Almee, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

Now that the Chrono event is over, I would like to make a few suggestions for next year's event. While the event was lots of fun, there are a few things I'd like to see changed or altered in future events. These suggestions are based on my personal experiences doing the event on Thurgadin, MD, AB, and Public Test.

The PQ event needs to run with fewer characters waiting. I was able to get the better rewards with groups of around 10 then when it was a mob scene. It would also increase the number of times the event could run in an hour. I found, when there were 17 or more doing the event, I constantly lost my cursor which meant losing out on hitting the required mobs to get the best rewards: a madman, spider, mummy, Tarantula, and giant.

Lower-level characters need to be able to get in a hit on the boss mobs. I might be wrong, but it seemed my lvl 60+ character had problems getting hits on the two boss mobs though he certainly tried. I was able to get better rewards when there were fewer participants so maybe the server simply couldn't keep up with all the player hits.

Needs a check for previous rewards. I had characters get two or more no-trade rewards, which is very disheartening when other characters, on the account, could use the rewards. There either needs to be a check done, to make sure there is only one no-trade item per character, or, better yet, make the rewards heirloom.

Totem of the Deadly Sabertooth was chronically wonky. Sometimes it couldn't be used at all, other times it had to be cast in the Chonoweave, and sometimes it had to be cast in the individual zone. I used up a lot of totems doing the various quests. It hurt the most, when in a huge crowd doing the PQ and I had to limp through the zone and was unable to hit the required mobs. Apparently the auto-renew was turned off so when the totem expired, right after the start of the PQ, I was left unable to renew it manually even after turning off the auto renew.

One of the rewards, for event coin, was a Runed Singing Steel Cloak which was No-Trade. Please make this heirloom in the future. I have over 90 characters and I can't do the quests with all of them in the time allowed. And while only a few will actually wear the cloak, I don't know which toons will be able to use it till I get all of them equipped with their 2023 outfits.

Lowest number of players needed for the event. I was able to do the event with two other players, a couple of times, though I was two-boxing so it seemed like there were four characters. Someone said they tried doing it with two 125s but couldn't kill the two bosses. On low-population servers it would be helpful if two characters could kill the two bosses--regardless of the players' levels, so everyone could participate. Rewards could be appropriate to their level.

For the most part, I found the event very enjoyable and I got a lot of nice rewards. This is an especially good event for decorators and I'm sure others, besides me, appreciate all the hard work that went into it. I'm already looking forward to next year's event and hope more of my characters will be able to fully participate.
    Hartay likes this.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

How to get the maximum reward possible for a maximum level toon in the Chrono PQ.

-Step 1: Actively engage in the madmen. You don't have to score massive damage, but you need to do more than just hitting auto attack to jump into combat.
    -Step 2: Actively engage in the mummies. You don't have to score massive damage, but you need to do more than just hitting auto attack to jump into combat.
    -Step 3: Actively engage the Ancient Cyclops. You don't have to score massive damage, but you need to do more than just hitting auto attack to jump into combat.

Speaking from personal experience, the *ONLY* time out of the 30-40 or so PQs I ran with my two level 125 toons for the entire event that I didn't get the RoR PQ currency and a 395R+ gear was when I jumped in late and couldn't get to the madmen in time. Literally every other time, I was there from the start of the event, and I got the full reward.

Use the F8 key to target the mob in front of you. It saves you so much trouble from having to manually mouse and target in the heat of combat. If you find yourself targeting the NPC characters like the necromancer and the sand giant, then just move into the combat crowd so it's right in your face. Right from the very start of the game back in 2004, the F8 key was my best means of targeting, followed by the Threat Management window that lets you just click on individual targets that are engaged in combat so you can quickly click between them without actually clicking on them.

The rewards are no trade and aren't supposed to be lore-- If they were lore, then it would just become a process of elimination to collect all the rewards before you got the one you actually wanted. That's the RNG nature of the rewards. I got two of the rings only after I purchased it off the currency merchant, but that's how it goes.

The PQ was never designed for low level players to get meaningful rewards from other than massive XP to level up with. It was added into the game when the level cap was 90, just like the Guk zone there. To be clear: From conception the chronoportal event was supposed to provide something for everyone of all levels, not everything for everyone of all levels.

*EDIT* For what it's worth, I have no objections about the cloak, but the Chronoportal merchant remains up at the lighthouse in Antonica for a little while after the event. If you want to figure out which toons are going to wear it, at least you can still buy it right now.
  3. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Tab key works better with multiple NPCs around you as it cycles through them instead of just targeting nearest one like F8 does.