Chosing a fighter

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Yvonb, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Yvonb New Member

I do not care for the spotlight of being the MT, so OT and even backup would do.
    I'd like to play a fighter that can still come along on raids and help dps and help tank IF needed.

That said I guess I'm looking for a Tank that can dish out as much dps as he can take it =)

Any class come to mind?
    I was leaning towards Monk or Bruiser because I like their fighting style. Kick, round-a-house, leap elbow bash
  2. Treiko Active Member

seems to me you have already answered your question :)
  3. Silzin Active Member

I play a Monk Main and have for several years. I have been the MT but more often are the OT in raid. i almost NEVER play as just dps in group but on some fights in raid i can... with that said i think monk can do OT well but it is harder for OT on a Monk that is "Should" be on a Zerker or SK. ATM Bruisers are having a harder time then other tanks.

I think that Monks take a bit more time and skill to play as well as other tanks in the OT roll especially, but will the time and effort it can be done and done well. (I am Biased to Monks...)
  4. Malachy Well-Known Member

If you like the brawler playstyle, you're better off with Monk. Keep in mind, there are better tanks and better dps, so...don't expect to be invited to anything hardmode. As a brawler, you will have to prove you are exceptional to get invites and if you can't, you'll simply be left out. If you're in a solid guild or believe you are up to task, don't sweat it and go for it. If you're not, you might want to consider an SK instead.
  5. petier Active Member

monks are a lot of fun, and when played well can do anything you want with proper gear in this x-pac. Having said that a plate tank is the favored tank for this x-pac with the zerker being the most favored this time around.