Chateau Mon Cheri Miniature Museum

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Cheribomb, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

Maj'Dul-South Qeynos-Snowy Dwelling-Cheribomb

Welcome to the Chateau Mon Cheri Miniature Museum!

The magnificent Chateau Mon Cheri "My Darling Chateau" was designed and built by C.B. Charpentier for his wife Cora. Influenced by the Second Empire style, the building has a standard central-hall on a large scale with italianate and french country castle characteristics.

It is notable for it's mansard roof, tall windows with ornate molds, elegant balconies and stone work details. The chateau was built with carefully selected white marble quarried and shipped from Antonica and with the finest indium ore for it's footing.

The Charpentier's both passed just a few years after the home was completed and they bequeathed it to their grandaughter Cheribomb.

Cheribomb opened the chateau to the Architecture and Interior Design School of Norrath; which operated for many years.

Cheribomb recently turned the home into a musuem and it now houses a permanent miniature collection of scale models built by former students during their studies.

We hope you enjoy your tour!

Can't tour on Maj'Dul? See more pics and the inspiration behind this design.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Townhome/Terraced Home Exhibit in the former dining room.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Chateau Mon Cheri scale model replica in the former living room.

[IMG]

Arc du Triomphe scale model

[IMG]

Scale model Shoe House and Cabin

[IMG]

Scale Model Asian Home

[IMG]

Glades Gardens Residential Community scale model tract housing in the conservatory

[IMG]

Former kitchen used by staff

[IMG]

Scale Model Frostfell Train upstairs

[IMG]

Scale model Winter Haven Colonial Manor

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The old School House. Scale model classes are taught here.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Spextasy, Xalandra, Katz and 6 others like this.
  2. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

It's now published under massive homes. Febrith was so kind and has already taken a video tour and will be posting here it in the morning!
  3. elflover Well-Known Member

O wow lovely going to take a break and go see for myself! Ty Cheribomb!
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

WOW! How long did it take to test like, I dunno, every item we have to find out how small it gets? Or do you often do a lot of work with miniature stuff and just know? :D

Amazing! :)

Uwk
    Spextasy, Moena and Cheribomb like this.
  5. Febrith Well-Known Member

Just wow at this jaw-dropping home:-

Spextasy, Moena, Karamella and 4 others like this.
  6. Karamella Well-Known Member

OMG, that is so cute I'm speechless......Absolute adorable!
    Spextasy, Moena, Febrith and 2 others like this.
  7. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for the video Febs! You didn't miss a thing and it was so fun to hear your feedback and excitement! I woke up at 4am to get a drink of water and then suddenly it felt like Christmas day so instead of going back to sleep; I immediately checked to see if you had posted the video and you had! I couldn't get back to sleep after that; so it's been an early morning for me :). Thank you thank you!
    Spextasy, Moena, Karamella and 2 others like this.
  8. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

Trial and error over the years. Generally, items after the Age of Discovery expansion don't get small enough and a lot of holiday recipes tend to get on the smaller scale. Also there is a bit of eye trickery going on with the miniatures being inside the chateau. For example the Cabin and Townhome furniture compared to the toon size aren't that far off in scale. The toon in the chateau alone looks tiny. :)
  9. Katz Well-Known Member

Wow! That is incredible!
    Spextasy, Moena, Karamella and 2 others like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! So, some of it is good ol' cinematic tricks? :D Very cool. :)

Uwk
  11. Febrith Well-Known Member

You're most welcome, thank you for asking me - I loved it!:)
  12. Xalandra Well-Known Member

Oh Cheri you never cease to amaze me! Everything you create always leaves me in awe & this is no exception. This is insanely beautiful! Fantastic work!
    Karamella, Spextasy, Moena and 2 others like this.
  13. Valzen Well-Known Member

Cheri, you never cease to amaze. Fabulous place once again. The house is identical to your inspiration. WOW... just WOW!!
    Karamella, Spextasy, Moena and 2 others like this.
  14. Kenana Well-Known Member

Just exquisite, Cheri. I loved the miniatures! I could spend hours in there studying how you put things together :) So much to learn! Thank you for sharing :)

Fantastic video, Feb, as always!
  15. Angelieque Furia Active Member

Saw this post on the Facebook page and was stunned at the detail and mastery of your architecture!!!! Amazing!
    *Drop the mic*
    Moena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.