Chat bugged: Homeshow Channel and Cross-Server Tell

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by daicia, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Something in the way of official confirmation to all of us. :-|

Bad enough when they "consolidated" the non-US server forums out of existence completely... :(

Yeah, Splitpaw wasn't on that list, though Valor, Storms, and Sebilis (Japan) were; not sure of the Russian server names... :-/

Why single out the UK community? If it was an oversight, that's one thing, but it almost feels deliberate... I've sent a PM to both the usual techs, asking them to please look into this thread and let us know what's up with it, but haven't even gotten a PM response from either of them yet, though I'm crossing my fingers. :-/

Uwk
    Anghammarad likes this.
  2. Azlea New Member

Further response to my petition from another GM acknowledges there is a problem and has passed it onto Devs/QA for investigation. One step forward...
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Ragna Well-Known Member

You can't join US channels from Storms and Valor either, so it's not against the UK - only ;).
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Whew! Crossing all fingers, toes, etc.!

Such things do seem to vary from GM to GM; all depends on who you talk to, I guess. :-/

Uwk
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Good...sorta. :-/

Uwk
  6. Eloise New Member

That sounds promising!
  7. crazyapples Active Member

Hope it gets fixed, only place I'm social in even if I'm not typing I read.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You're an awesome Carpenter/decorator, too; it sucks that you're kept from being a part of the biggest cross-server community for that. :-/

Uwk
    crazyapples likes this.
  9. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

And still broken... =(

I really miss the channels...
  10. crazyapples Active Member

had major roofing design issues with frostfell island and no one to talk to about it :'( missing the community really badly lately ....if any devs come across this...fyi I only decorate so you've cut a arm and foot off me by not fixing this channel. I know your busy and I'm pleased with the new items but please please please bring the channels back up and your isolating the other half of eq2 community that's no locally on AB. Maybe petitioning each day till it comes back up might help...the squeaky wheel gets the oil :D just saying.

On a side note anyone transferred to AB server before and had at least 4 houses to transfer or something similar?
    that's my rant for now, of to go buy some items that I'm very thankful for from the loyal points system.
  11. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

2 months broken now... still no fix in sight...
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And no word, one way or another, if it's a bug or a feature. :-/

Uwk
  13. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

It's a bug, it was mentioned in another thread. They're aware of it, and a fix is supposed to be going through eventually.
  14. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

Jaz, it was mentioned, it's due to wrong firewall rulesets... usually you don't need 8 weeks to role out new firewall rules...

We EU players are completely shut out from the important global chat channels. Not only Homeshow.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

True that, but Homeshow is huge, at least for me...does it impact as well between servers in the EU themselves, as well? :-/

And thanks, Jaz! I'll look up the other thread. :)

Uwk
    sooooo glad to be back! :D
    Anghammarad likes this.
  16. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

And another Bump...
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...we could always do a parodied version of "The Blackmail Song" from China until this gets fixed, just to bump it... ;->

".....'implies the lord's duties to the peasants'.....Confucius thought so highly of the blackmail song that he put part of it in the Book of Odes.....The chanting is without emotion except for the last line of every third verse, and after a few months of it the subject begins to cringe when each third verse starts. It's hard for a lord to justify chopping off insolent heads, it's just a work song." --from The Story of the Stone, by Barry Hughart

Those who are interested in the lyrics, which would really get this off-topic though they're fascinating, can PM me. ;->

Uwk
    who VERY STRONGLY recommends reading all the books Mr. Hughart has written, especially his first, The Bridge of Birds; his second, The Story of the Stone; and his third, Eight Skilled Gentlemen, all in The Chronicles of Master Li series...awesome stuff!
    Anghammarad likes this.
  18. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

I'll put up a channel on Valor in a few...

so we can try if we EU players can join channels EU wide.

I'll name it EUHomeshow ... to join /join Valor.EUHomeshow.

Let's see if this works to narrow it down for the poor SOE Firewall departement.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sounds good! I've got folks on Splitpaw; I'll check it with them. :)

"A few" means it might be up already? Ah, never mind; I'll check. ;->

Uwk
  20. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

It's up for a few hours =P