Charm....?

Discussion in 'Coercer' started by ARCHIVED-bishop1134, Nov 20, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-bishop1134 Guest

Just started, and the Coercer was one of the major reasons I was interested in EQ2. Now, I only just messed around a LITTLE with a Coercer, maybe level 5, but Charm isn't... worth so much? Maybe it's too early, maybe I had too high expectations, but am I missing something? Does it get better? Doesn't seem worth having on the hot bar at this point (and I understand, this is VERY early, but still), does it stay that way?
    Charm seems to be what seperates the Coercer from the other Mage type classes, but if it doesn't really, I think I might be better off expoloring a different mage type class...
    Forgive me if this is too quick to judge, I've done enough basic research into the game to know I think I might like it, but charm was very underwhelming.
    Just hoping the class is as cool as I'd imagined.
  2. ARCHIVED-Sss'thasine'ss Guest

There are many reasions why ppl play coercers.
    But trust me, charm spell is not one of them.
    good luck
  3. ARCHIVED-Jeepned2 Guest

Yes charm is available to Coercers. And to be honest, it's not that bad of a utility at certain levels. The problem is the pets that are available make using charm either a pain in the rear end or just not useful at all. Some zones have no charmable mobs that are worth the pain of keeping them charmed. Most people I know use Possessed Essence a lot more then charm. If you are going to charm, just remember to get the highest level of the charm spell that you can. The higher level the spell, the more damage your charmed pet will do.
    SoE has gone out of thier way over the years to destroy all CC abilities, including Charm. The Coercer is now simply a wizard-lite with buff bot ability.
  4. ARCHIVED-mulch Guest

My Coercer is still leveling up (40 something atm). I find charm helpful. Some places you can find a good charmable heroic up-arrow mob to do your work for you. Other places I find it handy just to charm one, use it til it's nearly dead, release and kill it, etc. My kill rate without a pet is sad in comparison.
  5. ARCHIVED-Loadtoads Guest

Stun, Nuke, Mezz, wait for stun to come back up and repeat. Don't think it'll work to well at end level 80+ mobs are usually immune to everyone of our cc abilities.