Charm undeath broken! ??

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-equinoxio, Sep 10, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-equinoxio Guest

Is it me or is this spell broken? i used to be able to charm any ghost in PoA excetp for the philosofers, and all the undead in blackscale, but now ive it says "wont work on target" everytime i want to cast this spell on any undead

Anyone else having this problem??

i have adp 3 version

Sidarta
    Necromancer 70 of Zealus
    Crushbone Server
  2. ARCHIVED-Catodon Guest

Some mobs associated with ring events in kos zones have been made uncharmable, I forget exactly when, since charm had a tendency to bug the event. I wouldn't be surprised if that change affected all monsters of the same type in the zone... dunno about Blackscale, haven't been in there recently.

Control Undeath still works on normal mobs that I've tried in non-kos zones, so it's not a gamewide problem or a bug with that spell in particular.
  3. ARCHIVED-Supple Guest

I heard about this yesterday while working on a claymore ring event in PoA. Hopefully, this is just limited to ring events.
  4. ARCHIVED-littleman17 Guest

I think the problem stems from the fact that the mobs in BlackScale are considered droags and only droags. I know this because when I tried to use my ranger's sinister ghost strike on the ghost ones, I get the message that it will not work on this type of monster.

Just a case of SOE not standarizing their mob types... they just seem to hate Necros in t7.