Character transfer from one account to another

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ratagnan, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Ladymist Well-Known Member

no that isnt it at all but thank you for explaining that to others who may be confused by such things
  2. Mktavish01 Member

Wanted to clear up what I meant here ... You can't have a recurring billing method set with SC .
    I don't know about the actual purchase of the account transfer though.
  3. Azian Well-Known Member

I'm honestly not quite sure what you mean here Ladymist. I interpret the poorly worded SOE document in the same way that Kuulei explained. It would seem to me that someone at SOE made a mistake when they processed your transfer if it went from an account with the latest xpac to a different account with literally no xpac purchases made. I wouldn't expect that to be repeated. Also remember, when you purchase the latest expansion you get all the prior ones too. (Not feature packs.)

It's been a while (couple years) since I transferred characters between my accounts. I DID have to go through the verification to make sure my account info matched, (payment source, email, name, etc., iirc.) I also filled out the online form and purchased the server transfer token. I did whatever they asked me to do with my bank/bags and placed the transfer token in my first bag slot per instructions. On the last one I transferred, I was directly contacted in game (perhaps because I still had that character logged in) and the process was finished after I logged off for just a few minutes. I have had to call them on prior occasions too. It was pretty straight-forward both ways.
  4. Mktavish01 Member

To be clear ... I was never insinuating that account verification was bypassed in anyway ... Sorry for my poor choice of words "they can do pretty much what they want"
    I was just saying that cases of leniency may have existed more in the past.
    For example , when transfers used to cost more , why wouldn't they maybe add something to an account to facilitate that , or even let the character lose some content? And now, why do they specifically state " No Exceptions"

But sorry , Im done with this subject ... I have nothing more I'd like to add to it.
  5. Sylvain Member

Greets, I thought I would post here as I recently made a successful account transfer and this info may help someone in future.

I transferred a character from a non paid account to my most active paid account. I also transferred from one server to another server. Note that only one account (the account I was transferring to) was paid and this was no problem. Both accounts are in the same name and there were security protocols that had to be fulfilled (proof they were both my accounts).

I made the necessary preparations listed on the wiki before I called costumer support.
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Character_Transfer

I did have to put all my house items in a moving crate, (I only had one house for this particular character) and had the choice between using SC or a credit card. (cost was $25. just like a strait server transfer) The entire process took only minutes, and I immediately received a confirmation email.

Couldn't have been easier unless SOE was in my own mind. ( I am not ruling this out as somehow I keep giving them money even for things I don't plan to pay for. :eek: Hopefully this will help someone else sometime.
  6. Atan Well-Known Member

Just going to say, while this is the posted official communication on this, it is not actually enforced to the letter.

I have an account that was gifted to me from someone back in EQ1. I've been paying for it for 12 years, and every payment ever made to it in EQ2 was from me. I've transferred characters between this account and my other account multiple times in the past. I've also not had certain expansions on certain accounts and not had an issue transferring between them.

I've also certainly never created a character on my main account and claimed 10 years of rewards and then transferred it to an account I've only had a few months, certainly never, I wouldn't have done such a thing.
  7. Regolas Well-Known Member

I have PMed you a tip for account to account moves