Character select screen

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Rhodris, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Is there any setting or settings that I can use to tone down the red (so much red...) of the character select screen to something easier on the eyes?
    Juraiya, Tkia, Moonfyre and 3 others like this.
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Hear, hear! The library is much more attractive without that red tint over everything.
    Cyrrena, Dude and Rhodris like this.
  3. BlackSmokeDMax New Member

Completely agree! The picture itself is fine, it is the overwhelming red tint that is the problem.
    Tkia, Dude, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I asked in another thread in the beta forums a few days ago if we could have that screen more vibrant as it was not visually appealing the way it is.
    Dude, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  5. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

It is very jarring and very harsh. I can avoid it when first logging in by logging a character directly from the launcher, but given the relative frequency of being dumped back to character select, it's almost painful on the eyes.

Can the red tint please be removed or toned down significantly? Or can someone advise if any of the graphics settings will reduce the horrid glare?
    Juraiya, Tkia, Dude and 2 others like this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I don't know why it could not just be the same skin as the library, not sure why it had to be made pink/red.
  7. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I guess the Library would rather be red than dead? *grins* But it would rather be read(past tense form) than red, im sure *giggles*
  8. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Also there is probability that at those who wished that thus it's made, the lowered perception of mainly red - protanomaliya. The quote from wikipedia: "..protanomalous individuals are less sensitive to red light than normal. This means that they are less able to discriminate colors, and they do not see mixed lights as having the same colors as normal observers. They also suffer from a darkening of the red end of the spectrum. This causes reds to reduce in intensity to the point where they can be mistaken for black.."
    Evidently, how these persons see this screen it's possible to look here (tab vision): https://galactic.ink/sphere/
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Actually, I have done web design that had to be accessible for people with various color sight anomalies, so I use testing software. You can use an online version. Here's what people with various sight deficiencies see:

[IMG]
    Dude, Breanna, Momo and 1 other person like this.