Character list on launcher

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Brewmyst, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Brewmyst Well-Known Member

has anyone else lost the character list that was on the launcher? I've loaded EQ2 on 2 different sources, and it didn't show on either.
    Cyrrena, Lara kelly and Gwindire like this.
  2. Gwindire Member

I first noticed it an hour ago and now the Marketplace is down
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I noticed the launchpad character list was missing this morning (approx 6ish hours ago).
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Same here.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Just logging in right now, and the character list is missing still (US servers).
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Febrith Well-Known Member

Same on the european server.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Irie New Member

I lost character list yesterday around 1:00 EST and have not been able to log in since then.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. July New Member

Character list has been missing for me since yesterday as well. Unless something else is amiss, Irie, you should be able to log in without it. Just hit the Play button, which takes you to a character select screen. That's what I've been doing.
    Cyrrena and Finora like this.
  9. OldRodKS Member

Same problem for me. Also, DarqUI updater gets a "no server names were retrieved from census" error
    Cyrrena likes this.
  10. Irie New Member

Without character selection, when I hit Play it takes me to Create Character screen. Options are create character or exit.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You can try two things that I know of. When you get to the character select screen, hit the up and down arrow repeatedly, for some people this makes their character list appear, I have no idea why. The other thing you can try, is to delete your Log-In Cache US and your Log-In Cache EU, then reload the launcher, this makes the Launchpad repopulate your character list, that is what we had to do a couple years ago after the server merges to get our characters to appear on the correct server and it seems to work for most people.

Good Luck.
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  12. straz New Member

is anyone able to login I haven't since yesterday but it shows servers are up and I have same issue no character selection and when I just login it says to create an account
  13. isest Active Member

just logged in this morning 1/2/19 and yep on the launcher no character select button. Just click play, but all my characters are there, just wondering why the change.
  14. straz New Member

I just to log on I hate to hit arrows up and down to get my charctere to pop up, very weird
  15. Irie New Member

At this point I would hit arrows if I could figure out what arrows you are talking about.
    Febrith likes this.
  16. Bhayar Well-Known Member

The arrow keys on your keyboard.
    Dude likes this.
  17. Puckbone Member

Any idea if they're looking into this?
  18. Arcos Active Member

I guess they are since Thurgadin has just gone down. EQ2U is also reporting that EQ2 Census is unavailable since 1 January.
  19. Feldon Well-Known Member

The Character Select list on the Launcher comes from Census, which has been offline since yesterday.
    Breanna likes this.
  20. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

character select is showing again....but unfortunately it's showing deleted toons from years ago....and missing current ones....guess we have to give it a few more days. (MD server)
    Breanna likes this.