Chaotic Caverns (Solo) bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Cylint Nyte, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Cylint Nyte Member

For some reason, whenever I am in Chaotic Caverns (solo), my hp bar in the group window show as if I am dead. I am not certain how long it has been like this as I typically do not watch my group window when solo (I actually just watch my merc's 'pet' window for her status), however, every single time I've done it for the past 8+ days, and through several runs of the zone, my HP bar always reads as if I am dead (empty health bar). I have not had this happen in any other zone.

The very first time I noticed is when I died due to idiocy on my part (I pulled more than my usual amount and got chain stifled so could not cast hostile spells). After that, it became persistent.

-Cy
  2. Cylint Nyte Member

I went back today after the servers came up so that I could get pictures and it turns out, it is every (solo) instance that I have been in so far which has the error. Here are pictures of my group window in an overland zone, in Chaotic Caverns, and then, when I take damage in a solo instance. When I raided Sol Eye last night, I did not have this issue.

*Bah, image would not render*
    -Cy
  3. Celan Active Member

Can't see the image, but if you are using a Custom UI that could be the problem. If so, swap to the Standard UI and test it again. If the issue isn't there then, you know where the error lies.
  4. Cylint Nyte Member

Yeah I realized I could not see the image. As for the UI, I thought it might be the custom UI, however, when I use default, I'm not even shown in the group window.

-Cy
  5. Celan Active Member

That is normal.
  6. Cylint Nyte Member

Understood. However, I'm still not sure why in solo instances my HP bar is 'bugged' but in group/raid instances it is not. Is there a mechanic or coding, or something with the group window that renders differently in a solo instance than a group instance? I am currently in a group instance with my merc, and the issue is nonexistent.

-Cy
  7. Cylint Nyte Member

Today I was in Quarry Quandry and realized I had not applied my clicky buffs so I swapped first my Fishbone Earring, and then my Earring of the Solstice. Each time I removed the Harmonic Ancestral Defender Stud, my HP displayed properly. When I reequipped it, my HP bugged again. I then fought trash and nameds with the Earring of the Solstice in to check, and it appears, my hp displays fine. I will next try inviting someone to the solo instance and see if they can see my hp fine in the grp window or if it is bugged (as well as see if my HP displays properly for me, or if it stays bugged).
  8. Cylint Nyte Member

As I got ready to test further, I realized that whatever the issue, it isn't game breaking. And, in realizing that, I further noted that I've now grown accustomed to monitoring my HP using the other tools available in game. While annoying to me because I am OCD, I can live through it (and only do solos when doing weeklies, lol).