Channeler Pet or Truespirit Rift kills don't update the following quests

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Chillispike, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Chillispike Active Member

Channeler Pet or Truespirit Rift kills don't update the following quests:

- in Eastern Wastes "Fishing Fishman" - (Just noticed it "again" while questing in Eastern Wastes)
    - Quests that require kills of City Timeline in Freeport (Sorry can't remember which quests actually :( )
    - Eastern Wastes "Two Headed Trouble" - Pet works, but Truespirit Rift doesn't
    - Eastern Wastes "Animal Magnetism" - Pet works, but Truespirit Rift doesn't
    - Eastern Wastes "Fishing for Danger" - Pet works, but Truespirit Rift doesn't
    - Eastern Wastes "Cutting the Ranks" - Pet works, but Truespirit Rift doesn't
  2. Chillispike Active Member

- Eastern Wastes "Looking for Ry'Gorr" - Pet works, but Truespirit Rift doesn't
    - Eastern Wastes "Blood and Ry'Gorr" - Pet works, but Truespirit Rift doesn't
    - Eastern Wastes/Crystalline Breaks "Fragmented Removal" - Pet works, but Truespirit Rift doesn't
    - Eastern Wastes "Greatbasher's Defense" - Pet works, but Truespirit Rift doesn't
    - Eastern Wastes "Swog's Slutary Salve" - Pet works, but Truespirit Rift doesn't
  3. Chillispike Active Member

- Great Divide "Chew the Fat" - Pet works, but Truespirit Rift doesn't
    - Great Divide "Killing a Dying Race" - Pet works, but Truespirit Rift doesn't
    - Great Divide "Acid Armor" - Pet works, but Truespirit Rift doesn't
    - Great Divide "A Tower's Deadly Shadow" - Pet works, but Truespirit Rift doesn't
  4. Chillispike Active Member

- Great Divide "Snow Tracking" - Pet works, but Truespirit Rift doesn't
    - Great Divide "Printing Pressganger" - Pet works, but Truespirit Rift doesn't
  5. Chillispike Active Member

Shall i continue adding Quest updates that don't work for it ?
  6. Chillispike Active Member

- Cobalt Scar - "Shellfish Ambassador" killing the skellis with pet works, with Truespirit Rift doesn't
    - Cobalt Scar - "On Edge" - on the second step where you need to kill 4 kind of mobs and gather 10 spears the pet works, but Truespirit Rift doesn't (on the first step both worked)
  7. Chillispike Active Member

- Cobalt Scar - "A Salty Farewell" pet works, with Truespirit Rift doesn't
    - Cobalt Scar - "Village of the Dead" killing the undead with pet works, with Truespirit Rift doesn't
    - Cobalt Scar - "Boning up the Situation" killing the Survivors with pet works, with Truespirit Rift doesn't
    - Cobalt Scar - "The Guts of the Matter" killing the othmir with pet works, with Truespirit Rift doesn't. I killed 15 with the rift and not 1 body loot from them. Melee and pet gave body droops quite freqently .. like 50%-70% of the time
  8. Chillispike Active Member

I stopped after the Othmir Part's of GD, EW and CS for now. So i can't say if other quests work with pet/truespirit or not.

For the record the contruct and the truespirit rift where one shotting the mobs. I noticed it when i gathered the mobs and used truespirit that it didn't update. and i noticed the problem with the pet i was waiting for the melee attack when my construct killed the target in the mean time.

Since one or 2 quests didn't update before i set the construct to not protect me, and i had singular focus active the whole time on purpose to test out the updates.

Some Quests inbetween actully did update when i killed mobs with pet and truespirit rift, only those that didn't update are listed above

I tested the quests listed above in the following order:
    1. i killed one with melee or combat art
    2. then i send my pet on the next one to see if it works
    3. after that i walked up to a mob and just casted truespirit rift.

would be nice to see those fixed.
  9. Chillispike Active Member

Thalumbra, the Ever Deep - "Culling the Time Away" tested it again .. i let my construct kill a slug which worked. Runned up to 1 slug casted Truespirit Rift and no update on the quest. Same with the rancid mobs.

Yeah the Channeler may not need the faction, the mobs die in 1 hit anyway from my coercer

Since so many quests have a problem with updates when the rift kills them .. may change to spell so only mobs that are engaged in combat get hit by it? (may fix the bug ward that it caused when the target of the rift get's warded as well, while on it :D ) or engage the Channeler into combat when a rift hits a mob so the quests update.
  10. LokiEdan New Member

Vespyrr Isles Signature Questline. The quest where Harla Dar sends you into a solo instance to kill a number of trash mobs and herself is also bugged. Trashmobs killed by the Rift do not update the quest. I had to wait for the lockout ( yes, lockout, not persistent ) to expire before I could go in and kill a few more trash mobs to complete the quest.
  11. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

This bug is very annoying, can we please get it fixed ?
    At this point i think it happens on all quest update mobs.
  12. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

You don't even get xp for the kills if the rift kills the mobs ...
  13. Chillispike Active Member

Mostly it seems to be quests that where ingame before the Channeler got added to the game that can be effected by that "bug".