Channeler feedback

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Exilya, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Exilya Active Member

I have been hesitant to post as it has always felt like feedback is not acknoledged however I'm a firm believer of "don't ask, don't get"

So here's my 2 cents:

-Ready up is disappointing on channeler, most our abilities are insta rescast and what ready up resets is really minimal, I even wonder if it's worth speccing atm.

-Changes to healing and damage stance: The raid wide proc idea is great however after playing with it for a while now I think the dps stance proc chance OR duration is too low. It is extremely difficult to get up to 3 stacks and even harder to maintain them due to the dissonance cost. If that buff was amazing I'd accept that but I don't think raid wide potency buff of 262 x3 (per stack) + cb oc of 42 (at 2 stacks) and fervor oc of 10 at 3 stacks is game breaking for the difficulty and dissonance required to maintain it - basically, as it is, you cannot maintain it for long at all.

-The heal stance raid wide HOT is underwhelming, procs a bit more easily thanks to dissonance group cure and the likes but the duraction tiny.

-Lastly, my most hated new feature, that gets me in trouble in raid/group content is the group wide buff to shadow escape. Its a free instant cast buff, it's not huge but it's a nice little addition. BUT OMG THE BACKWARD TELEPORT!?? I keep getting stuck into huts, tables and walls. In fights where you are meant to be "rooted in place" you can teleport backwards away from your group and mana regen... lots of fun!

All in all, channeler is still an amazing healer in my eyes but still feels a little clunky with the new additions.
    I normaly would try and write down ideas/alternatives but I haven't got the heart for it anymore. I can see there was an attempt at making the class better but it's not yet enough. A little more love please~
    Ravenlook likes this.
  2. Ravenlook Member

Since it's titled Feedback i'll add mine :)

On this point i have to disagree, yes most of our stuff is either insta recast or short recast, but we do have some long recast abilities (Distracting Shot, Precise Volley, Redirection, Maximized Protection) and ready up is very useful with those on emperor fight tnx for read yup i always DS and PV rdy for when i run down to kill the healer add.

With this i agree completely i just gave up on even trying to get to 3 stacks, i just cast a dmg ability every so often and call it a day.

Never felt the need for it myself, but if some can find a use for i def support the need to buff it up a bit

Yep i agree, no argument here, i thought it was bad from the start saw how if fubered me on betrayer 4 fight once and stopped even trying to use it for anything other the back port (for mobility) every once in a blue moon (creator fight when i get stuck on the symbol it helps to get me out)

Agreed need more love please
  3. Exilya Active Member

I gave up on the channeler and started playing Fury (since I had one leveled up I used for alt raids)
    And when you get a ready up, it's like christmas, everything lights up and you're like omg what do I start with?!
    Unfortunately channeler does not give me that feeling when I get a ready up. It is however still my favorite healer!
  4. Suidakra Active Member

Yep. The teleport buff I called out from the start. I get stuck constantly in things.

The stance procs. I gave up on those week 2 of trying. Just not worth it.

I spec'd into Shaper's Wall. Might as well get some extra warding/dps.