Channeler Epic 1.0 - Can It Be Soloed?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Krizani, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Krizani Active Member

I have tried to solo the Channeler Epic 1.0 in the past and gotten stuck (on the named mobs in Cobalt Scar). However, I'm now 100 with upgraded gear and such and I'm wondering if it might be doable with a merc.

TIA!
  2. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

Absolutely it is soloable witha merc - depending on your dps you may be able to even solo the mythical update in the Pirate King's raid, but if not it can be done in a duo with a high dps nowadays.

What server are you on? If on AB I can help. :)
  3. Krizani Active Member

Thank you for your kind offer! I'm on Skyfire and I'm now looking forward to giving it another shot. I think I'll get the new ranger merc and go for it!
  4. Treiko Active Member

let me know how it goes, as I too am getting ready to start my epic and am hoping to solo at least most of it (have a couple friends i can call on for help at any time so that will help too). Good luck on yours!
  5. Malahk Active Member

I just solo'd it. It was a pain not in difficulty but in script fights and lockout timers. Don't mess up in Deathtoll (8 hours lockouts and I messed up 3 times.) The pre reqs were worse than the actual 1.0 quests.
  6. Krizani Active Member

Thanks for the encouragement - I'm finding out about the scripted fights just now in Halls of the Betrayer. Blah. And yes, this is the longest, most involved epic I've done yet of the 1.0s and I've done most of them by now. I don't mind so much, though, I LIKE doing long, involved quests :)
    Malahk likes this.
  7. Krizani Active Member

Okay, I've run into Neragul with the mage-curable-only detriment. Argh. I've tried a mage merc, no dice, and I can't seem to burn him down or interrupt him in time. Distance doesn't seem to be helpful either. Any hints on how to deal with this guy?
  8. Krizani Active Member

DPS to the rescue on Neragul! I went to the DPS build, beefed up my sarnak ranger merc and boom.
  9. quisling Well-Known Member

Easiest way to solo that is to get Karana as your deity and use the blessings of serenity blessing.
    Treiko likes this.
  10. Treiko Active Member

I solo'd mine with the exception of one mob in halls of the betrayer (not enough dps to kill him before the no-beneficial spells debuff). The last fight I had to do twice though... I did not know i actually had to wait a set amount of time to complete it and sorta destroyed him within a matter of seconds lol.