Channeler Construct Reactive Heals Conduit

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Mezzingo, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Mezzingo Member

Hey anyone can explain me how that reactive construct heal conduit work? i have no clue and after 2 seconds the spell drop off with not any heal on construct. also how to get it incremented.

Thx alot

Smooze Ganking the Conduit
  2. Eileithia Active Member

It heals for a fixed amount every time the construct takes damage. If you're getting hit fairly hard by one mob, the reactives aren't very useful, and you should switch to HOT or Direct healing on the construct. Now if you're in a situation where you have a lot of adds pounding on the group, this is where they shine.

Triggered Rejuvenation is only 3(?) triggers and heals the construct for 3% per hit - Mildly useful on a single mob hitting the tank.
    Triggered Restoration is 12 triggers and heals the construct for 2% per hit - Very useful in swarm add situations to get health up quickly because they are not hitting for more than 2% of construct health per hit.

Both of these use less dissonance than direct heals and are very useful in certain situations.
  3. Mezzingo Member

still no clue how it work? pet dont get damage. only when intercepting. also how it increments up to 12 times?
  4. Mezzingo Member

have 8 Triggers and construct not get any heals
  5. Eileithia Active Member

it triggers when the pet intercepts damage. It does not heal on it's own. If you're not getting hit while intercepting, nothing will happen.

You get hit -> Pet intercepts X% of damage you receive -> Reactive Triggers healing pet for Y% of it's health. If the pet is intercepting more than 2-3% of it's HP per hit, you won't notice anything.
  6. Mezzingo Member

and how do it increment up to 12 times?
  7. Eileithia Active Member

It will trigger 12 times as long as it intercepts 12 hits within the duration. 1 trigger, per hit.
  8. Mezzingo Member

ok for example. have grp intercept on. click spell have 0 increment. sometimes it goes up to 5 and in less then 1 seconds its completely gone. sometimes it wont get any increment and drop when still 50 seconds left.
  9. Eileithia Active Member

Not sure how much more clear I can make this, but I'll try.

Triggered Restoration - When you cast, should show a little 12 in the corner of the buff in your maintained window. Every time your construct takes damage and triggers one of the heals, this number will go down. The spell will last either the full duration (60 sec) or 12 triggers, Whatever comes first. If you have Overloaded Interception active (protecting the group) and you get hit by 2 AEs in quick succession (12 hits registered, 2 - per group member) it will drop to zero, and you need to re-cast. The reason this is good when lots of adds are hitting is you're getting triggers in rapid succession. You can heal your pet extremely fast for very little dissonance if the hits are less than 2% of the constructs health in damage.

Using round numbers..

Pet has 1,000,000 HP
    Reactive is 2% = 20,000 Heal per hit.

If pet intercepts 5,000 damage in one hit = Pet is hit for 5,000, healed for 20,000 - Total health change +15,000
    If pet intercepts 30,000 damage in one hit = Pet is hit for 30,000, healed for 20,000 - Total health change -10,000

If your pet is taking a lot of hits (Lots of adds etc) it will either increase health of your pet if damage is low, or reduce the amount of damage your pet is taking if damage is high.

If you have one mob pounding on the group, you're usually better off using Heal over time, or direct healing.
    If you have lots of mobs pounding on the group, (Linked trash group with 5-6 mobs) you're usually better off using Reactive healing, as the hits tend to be rapid, but lower damage per hit in these situations.
  10. Mezzingo Member

maybe it bugged then. never show 12 always only 8 max
  11. Eileithia Active Member

There are 2 Reactives.. the 3% one has less triggers than the 2% one.
  12. Mezzingo Member

i use 12 increment one. pop of right after 1 second sometimes
  13. Eileithia Active Member

Then your construct intercepted 12 hits in that 1 seconds.
  14. Treiko Active Member

The heal you are using.. I do not think it works the way you think it works... haha sorry, just wanted to fit in some princess bride :p anyway... what I might suggest here is that if this particular heal you are trying to use is not being effective, you have several others to choose from that would most likely better suit your needs. When I played mine I found it effective to pop a direct heal on the pet (also gave it a % increase in HP) then use one of the HoTs. In most situations for what I was able to do, that worked rather well. The triggered heals just seem way too situational and I was never in a setting where it was effective before I retired her.