Channeler Bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by ZUES, Oct 12, 2023.

1. ZUES Well-Known Member

Precise Volley (a level 125 combat art) is sharing the same reuse timer as Fusillade (a level 123 combat art). These are both independent and separate abilities that come with leveling, not AA's.
    Twyla likes this.
  2. ZUES Well-Known Member

Bug #2

Distracting Shot (a level 125 combat art) is sharing the same reuse timer as Eye Shot (a level 124 combat art). These are both independent and separate abilities that come with leveling, not AA's.
    Twyla likes this.
  3. ZUES Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    Twyla likes this.
  4. Celestia Well-Known Member

I can confirm this, it's been that way for my channeler for quite some time, I thought maybe it was AA but nope.
    ZUES likes this.
  5. Taled Well-Known Member

It's not a bug. Distracting Shot is a 'replacement' ability for Eye Shot, and Precise Volley is a 'replacement' ability for Fusillade. They're intended to be a choice between the two. The higher level ones should have much higher values for its hits and cooldowns.

Note that this is the case for every class in game, abilities were added at high levels in.. BoL and RoS? as 'replacements' for lower level abilities.
    Dude, Twyla and Smashey like this.
  6. ZUES Well-Known Member

Maybe Fusillade was intended to be blue?
    Maybe Eye Shot was intended to be green?
  7. ZUES Well-Known Member

They are not "replacement abilities". They're not AA's.
  8. Taled Well-Known Member

They absolutely are replacement abilities. Just because they aren't AAs doesn't mean they are not. You can argue the point all you like.
    Dude, Tyger and Smashey like this.
  9. ZUES Well-Known Member

That screenshot I posted is the only upgradable spells the Channeler has. That's it. That's the entire list.

Reminder: This is a Premium Class. It costs additional money. Its spells should reflect that.
  10. Celestia Well-Known Member

Which one would you suggest to use then? I don't know if you have a channeler, but it would be nice to know which to use so they don't both take up hotbar space. They seem to do the same thing, but I was just wondering if one does more damage than the other.
  11. ZUES Well-Known Member

Please don't speak on behalf of the Dev team.
  12. Taled Well-Known Member

You'd have to look at the damage/reuse to decide. Typically the BOL/ROS one is better overall, but it depends whether faster recasts are better for you or not. For Guardians, for instance, 'Sever' is replaced by 'Dissociate Limbs', which is reset every time a stoneskin triggers on one of our abilities which makes Dissociate Limbs a HUGE amount of our DPS and makes it the far better of the two options. 'Taunting Blow' is replaced by 'Taunting Strike', and that one is more difficult to decide because the longer cast time on Taunting Strike sucks, but the damage is high enough to mostly make up the difference. (Especially since we don't really have much in the way of good things to cast, anyway)
    Dude and tasnee like this.
  13. Taled Well-Known Member

You're welcome to put me on ignore if you have a problem with common sense.
    Dude likes this.
  14. Celestia Well-Known Member

Thank you
    Dude likes this.
  15. Smashey Well-Known Member

Taled is correct. This is not a bug but intended.

Abilities that share the same icon have had replacements. Some classes only use their replacement, while very few classes can opt to use their old ability for trash instead without handicapping themselves too much or if the trash/boss has a health percentage cap it would silly to use the new ability with a longer recast if you know it would overshoot it by miles.

Some examples from other classes:
    Warlocks Apocalypse and Decimation. Perdition and Netherrealm
    Rangers Shadebringer and Storm of Arrows. Huntmaster and Klling instinct
    Berserkers Dismember and Mutilate. Annihilate and Demolish.
    Dude, Twyla and Taled like this.
  16. Tyger Member

All classes have 2 abilities that have a higher damage and reuse timers that are replacements for the alternate ones.
    Dude and Taled like this.
  17. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Its not a bug as for the reason Precise Volly is the replacement for Fussiliade same for the Other Spell mentiont.
    Same Example on Warlock Apocalypse and Deccimation on same timer as well cause Deccimation us Replacement for Appocalypse all fine this way evan you wont use fussilaade cause precise volley dose alot more Damage.
    Twyla and Dude like this.