Channeler buffs (group & individual)

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Tanker1979, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Tanker1979 Member

OK, I will admit that I just completely PL'd my channeler to 95 in order to get it ready for raids. I logged my sage in to craft all the experts, and I can't help but feel as if I missed something. Do channelers really only have 1 group buff and no type of individual buffs? Just seems weird with only one concentration slot being used... and although I've done pretty good on it so far, I can't help but have that nagging feeling that I'm missing something..

On a side note, fix it so that our intercept buff doesn't drop off every time we fly, particularly annoying in Temple of Veeshan!!
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

Go to EQ2U and look up a random level 1 channeler & you will be able to see every spell you can get.

This guy for example http://u.eq2wire.com/spells/soe_character_spells/867586291269

Or look yourself up and you will see all the spells you should have at your level. From what I understand (keeping in mind I've not played a channeler even in beta above level 25) most of the group buffing of a channeler comes from things associated with the construct & those are abilities that are not sage craftable & gained in other ways.
  3. The Jones Active Member

At some point during beta a dev mentioned in the forums that the channeler is not intended to have multiple group buffs because of the high DPS of the class. It's supposed to be a trade-off.

However, I fail to see how you can put up big dps numbers unless you fully spec for DPS (both AA and gear). I haven't had time to swap out my set of ToV quest gear on my channeler yet, but i'm assuming you won't deal much dps unless you go for the melee gear. I'm also assuming that you won't be able to heal well without the cb/pot/ability mod gear.

If your goal is to be a pure healer channeler then not only do you NOT get the good group buffs, but you're also not going to put up dps. To me this seems like an unintended reality. I bet the channeler would thrive as a secondary healer with dps gear/spec, but how many of us are really going to spec our character out to hope to be a secondary healer? I guess we'll just have to get two sets of gear instead and keep 2 AA profiles. I set up two AA profiles (though I will certainly adjust them as I play more), but i'd much rather not have to grind two sets of gear. I'd rather gear up two toons than gear up one toon twice.

http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/871881602458

Oh wait, i'll just play my fury who puts up huge dps with the new potency/ability mod gear. And oh wait... that's also good for healing! I don't see how anyone would want to play any healer other than a fury right now.