Channel Essences Need Revamp

Discussion in 'Priests' started by ZUES, Sep 25, 2023.

1. ZUES Well-Known Member

Hi devs. Can you please consider adding to the Channelers essences in the next expansion? They need more variety and an upgraded set of buffs (a group AE ward would be amazing). Perhaps even more passive buff slots (1-2 for raid wide buffs). Additionally, can you please do something with the essence hotbar icon? Have it flash or something when you're fighting a mob that can have its essence stolen? And please remove the grey mob requirement for stealing an essence.

Channeler construct buffs and body part appearances have not changed since the Channeler came out. Please upgrade them.

Thank you.
  2. ZUES Well-Known Member

I'm very disappointed and saddened that the Channeler got almost nothing for this expansion. It is the abandoned class of EQ2. So glad I paid money for it.
  3. Smashey Well-Known Member

Channeler is the best pure healer in the game and isnt broken. Their offensive buffs isnt the best, but they are acceptable for the toolkit channeler has to offer. Outside of warden with their silly RoR ability they are also one of the highest parsing priests.

If we are being completely honest, the only change channeler should have gotten this time around was to make Shaper's Reaction work with Overloaded Interception but even without this they are an excellent class.
    Celestia likes this.
  4. ZUES Well-Known Member

I respectfully disagree. I think you may be grouping with extremely well geared Channelers and assuming the class is in a good place. Mine is full fabled gear and struggles. It's so hard to get honest subjective feedback tho. Everyone has an opinion. And some leave opinions with nefarious motivation behind them.

I actually wanted to play a healer this xpac. The channeler just seems like the fun one. I just want fun, nothing more.
  5. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Would definitely be nice to see Channeler get an upgrade or two. The only time they ever come up in conversation seems to be when people want to point out that they're hard to squeeze into smaller groups due to their lack of utility, or even that their method of healing is pretty much not as great as wards.

If I remember how I have my stuff set up on Brewtall right now, I have almost more of an offensive lean because there's not enough meat there in terms of healing support. Cleaning up our Construct a bit and adding some more functionality would be a good start, but I sort of wonder if we don't need some adjusting to our AAs as well.
    ZUES likes this.
  6. Celestia Well-Known Member

Honestly my only issue with the class right now is the solo bug thing that has been going on for the past 2 expansions ( think). Where the construct dies when it's not supposed to.

Other than that, I honestly think they're OP. LOL

They are insane dps, and my channeler takes almost no damage as long as the construct is up. I can't say for heroics, because I am a casual player, but I LOVE my channeler.
  7. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

In solo they're pretty good in general yeah, but that's sort of the extent. As someone who wants to do group content, is a bit unfortunate that I would have to try really hard to convince someone to drag the class along as it is generally not super-helpful xD there's always guild groups ofc but it's still somewhat frustrating.
    ZUES likes this.
  8. ZUES Well-Known Member

Agreed 100%. It's a weak healer and an even weaker DPS class. A big part of that is their pool of special sauce. It's too low. But even if it was increased their combat abilities are trash. So their only roll will ever be as a secondary healer and AOE pet rezzer.
  9. ZUES Well-Known Member

But even with that said I'm sticking to my original plan. I am going to play a channeler in this xpac. I will gauge my entire opinion on whether or not to stay ((inEQ2), on that class alone. Let the chips fall where they may. My wallet will be the judge. If the devs want my money it will be smooth sailing and I will have zero problems with content and finding groups/raid slots. The ball is in their court.

Devs, check out how much money I've spent in the last 20 years. It speaks volumes.
    Kurei Hitaka likes this.
  10. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello,

and indeed yes i play the Channaler for 3 Expas now as Raid main so i play it in Groups too, we all know a propper setup is recomamed for effectiv runs through everything. But in Last Expansion RoR you overheated the oven like the BOTH Druid classes and the Channeler wasnt evan able to Heal C3 Mobs and they are Heroic not Raid SOLO. The Level of frustration raised up to a Point to say its very poor mechic progging if 3 Classes cant do Content as Solo Heal becuase Damage was so high without any real Ward / Shield which is maintainable no chance anyway to keep players alive. So back to the Toppic yes i am with you we Channelers need new design of the Conduits and Essencens / Parts of the Pet which means higher Stats on it , Conduit bar more options / slots / an total new Pet Energy Calculation to be able to maintain spells / abilitys like a New Ward Component for example and more abilitys to reset the Pet Energy by using other Buttons.

Next big issues on Channeler is the non detetcable Damage on nearly Any CA except Precise Volly and Destracting Shot nearly all CAs are used to trigger litte damage reductions / heals but the Numbers in it are a joke and the Melee stats which are needed for be efficent with a BOW are not working since beginning of RoR . Dont get me wrong i dont want my Channeler which is a Healer in first Place a DD but some more DPS would be Realy nice. We had times the Melee Stuff was working fine Channeler could heal and DPS at the Same time and it was Solid DPS if the Player behind was able to play this class.