Changing Alignment?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Praaji, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Praaji Member

I am a new player with two toons. One is in LvL 26 Wiz in Qeynos and one is a LvL 18 Erudite Necromancer in Neriak. The Necro is -50k with Qeynos, +5k with Freeport and I was wondering if I did enough quests in Greater Faydark could I switch alignment? I'm not sure how all this works but I want both of them both to be aligned with Qeynos. Could anyone help please?
  2. Nightfang Member

You can never gain enough faction to be non kos to either Qeynos if evil or Freeport if good.

If you are from Neriak or Gorowyn, you can simply speak to an npc to change your home city to Freeport, or if you are from Kelethin or Halas you can do same to become a citizen of Qeynos.

However if you are of evil alignment ( from Freeport, Neriak or Gorowyn ), you must do a special betrayal quest to switch alignment to become a citizen of one of the good cities.

Note if you are one of the few classes that can only be good or evil you also will have to change class during this quest as you can't be an evil only class when you betray over to good, or other way round.

I could be mistaken, but I am sure Necro's are evil only so in effect it would never be possible to change to be a Qeynos citizen, you would need to become a conjurer as part of the betrayal ( I have never betrayed so not 100% sure how it all works ).
    i486DX2-66 likes this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

If you want to have a character become aligned to a city of an opposite alignment, you need to do a betrayal quest line. Some classes (necromancer being one of them) are fixed alignment as either good or evil
    good/evil: conjy/necro, pally/SK, mystic/defiler, swashy/briggy

If those 4 pairs want to switch alignment, they must also switch class to the other in their pair (I believe the pvp server Naggy may be exempt from the switch). Other classes who betray have the -option- to switch to the other class in their 'pair' but they aren't required to.
  4. Praaji Member

Thank you for your answers. I will try and research the betrayal quest.