Changes to Draazak

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Anastaise, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Anastaise Active Member

So why is this change being made? If a guild goes to the trouble to collect the necessary items to spawn the mob, it should be locked to that guild at least for a period of time. Does this mean we will no longer get the buff when spawning Draazak? Perhaps instead of having a free-for-all, perhaps lock it for the duration of a raid night ~4-5 hours and after that time the requirement to have the buff goes away, so other guilds have a chance to kill it if the guild who spawns him fails to kill it. If a guild hasn't killed the requisite mobs to spawn Draazak, they shouldn't be able to pull him.
  2. balzor Active Member

Why be contested then? In that case they should just toss it into TOV somewhere.

Its contested for a reason.
  3. Uncle Active Member

it more then likely drops the mat needed for the new Green adornment needed for the new raid zone and if it does that be too funny
  4. Glassjaw Active Member

The main change I would like to see to this encounter is the ridiculous lag.
  5. Darkon Well-Known Member

It's a contested mob. It's meant to be able to be contested by other guilds.

In the current format, it was basically an instance mob located in an overland zone, utterly devoid of competition.

I really like the change.
  6. Rhapsodic1 Active Member

very true. There was no point on putting him a contested zone if 75% of the raid required the buff in order to pull... or whatever it was. Changes are good. Lets make some more tho.... choice of island sucks and so does the lag. =)
  7. ElectricPotato Active Member

Eh, on Freeport Server, if you see four or five guild members log out suddenly all at once, you think to yourself, oh, vesspyr crashed again. Thats before you start throwing in additional 24 man raids duking it out on an encounter with lots of adds.

I would prefer seeing the unstable thread port your raid into an instance of blightscale, like the 3 princes special instance or Mutacast.

PS Some of the abilities the harrowing horde use on blightscale sometimes blink me through the world and cause a forced evac.

PPS Does combat spam from things like the Purgemaster still get broadcasted zonewide?
  8. Darkon Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried activating the unstable thread on the test server?
  9. Voxom Member

The real question is if he'll stay up when vespyr crashes. Happened to us on Guk...

Probably the worst zone to put a contested mob in considering it's always crashing.
    Le Clown likes this.
  10. Darkon Well-Known Member

Someone should try.
  11. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Another aspect of this I do not like:

When he was up, doing the quest on his island was almost impossible in Beta. And him staying up until someone defeats him leaves a huge griefing mechanism in the game! Yes he is important for raiders. But PLEASE, make it so he despawns after a reasonable length of time! Or as suggested earlier in this thread, have the thread port the raid to an instance version of his island.

If he can be spawned repeated by the same person with the spawn item, there is no reason to keep him there with no depawn. Any raid wanting to fight him, could just spawn him when they were ready.

Despite the irritating part of the quest there, finding his scales, I really like the quest. His story is a very sad and poignant one, and is also critical to the plotline in this expansion. It would be a shame if a lot of players started skipping that quest because they could not do it, due to him being spawned all the time. :( And there those that like to grief in this game. Don't give them such an easy way to do it!
  12. Foretold Well-Known Member

Or have him be non-aggro until hailed like avatars...?
    redwoodtreesprite likes this.
  13. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Yes! That would be the simplest and best solution!
  14. Darkon Well-Known Member

He's in his own zone. I said you people should test it on Test.