Changes on Test - Autoattack

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Rocc, May 1, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Rocc Guest

Just finished a couple hours of pvp. It appears we got a boost in autoattack. With weapons counter and dual wield I was kickin butt without popping any CA's (eidt - I should say I was but the dps from autoattack was high enough I could burn thru my power and still do some descent dps). I got my stick adorned with that fabled proc that does like 1200 divine dmg. The other one is about the same but heals for 1200ish. I didn't parse the proc rate or the % of autoattacks but I am certain we got a bit of a dps push yesterday.
    For a second there I forgot I was on my zerker. Thought I was playing my ranger...... hehe. Time to invest in haste!
    At this autoattack rate I would like to group with a conj, wizard and fury for their hit proc buffs. Troub has a mental hit proc too dont they? I have a troub I should know this. LOL
    Edit - See below for more deatils.
  2. ARCHIVED-ZerkerDwarf Guest

Does it mean Weapons Counter is changed somehow?
  3. ARCHIVED-Hardain Guest

Damage ratings on weapons were increased.
  4. ARCHIVED-Aull Guest

Interesting!
  5. ARCHIVED-Rocc Guest

Ok here's the deal...
    Short story is I've done more testing.
    What's proccing and doing all the dps is not my CA's but a combination of CA's and gear. Anything that can proc while in autoattack has gotten a substantial boost. Weapon Counter, Rampage, Acceleration Strike and Frenzy are all contributing to my numbers. Also I found that our AE CA's like Insolence, Berserker Onslaught and Stunning Roar are causing my weapons and gear to proc. Which is surprising to say the least.
    I'm not sure what they did but I'm mowing stuff down faster and harder then the assassin and warlock in my group today. I'll share my spec and invite any of you to testcopy to parse the changes with me.
    My spec... all expert or mastered on everything (about 50/50).

Primary - Blade of Scalpels (438 dmg plus 1192 piercing proc and rune of blasting adornment - 1430 magic dmg
    Secondary - Blade of the Darkest Deceiver- 405 dmg with a heal adornment 1287 heal from Rune of Mending
    Chest - Dreadnaught Breastplate - 1827 poison dmg proc and heal proc for 1217
    Hands - Buldoral's Scarred Gauntlets - 843 metal dmg - 2477 hate proc
    Bow - Void-Twisted Trueshot Recureve - 1430 magic dmg
    Those are my only 3 pieces of proc gear. Other pieces just proc haste and stuff. So unbuffed those and my CA's are it. My stats are as follows..
    Crit Chance 91.6%
    Crit Bonus 26.6%
    Potency 7.6%
    Ability Mod 183
    DPS 63
    Haste 26.3%
    Double Attack 70.6%
    Crit Mit 32.1%
    None of the rest matters. The point is, if you have a similar spec your going to LOVE the changes!!!
    Anyway that's my spec. Nothing too special with exception of the crit chance. That comes from couple nice pieces of gear I obtained on test. This is pretty much my spec on live also but with nowhere near the same results.
    Most of us know that zerkers and buttonmashing = lost dps. Typically a slower weapon is best to time a hit between CA's. Well not anymore! I'm here to tell you theres a new spec for zerker. Priority is low timed weapons, Crit, double attack and haste. Spec much in the way a scout would. Combine those with proc gear regardless if it's less STA than what your currently wearing. Knock out that HQ in antonica for the haste belt. Do whatever you have to do to get those numbers up and obtain proc gear/adornments.
    Offensive mode in dual wield and you'll know exactly where I'm coming from when Halas goes live!!! You can hold agro 100 times better in this spec now too. You may think I'm crazy but I invite anyone of you to come to testcopy and see for yourself. Shoot me a tell when your there on "Rocc in the guild D P S Factor". The Unrest server is my home but I'm specced much better on test due to the buff bot giving us 500 plat hehe. So find me on test and /invite if you would like to see our new uberism.
    The zerker is now a top contender for a dps spot in raids. The only problem is the hate generated from the dps if your not MT. The good news is we found our place back in MT slot! Raid leaders better start recruiting while they can find good zerkers! Start grinding BG and select anything that procs damage as your first choices.
  6. ARCHIVED-iggie2299 Guest

Rocc@Unrest wrote:
    Interesting. But I would like to address the bolded portion above (not to derail your thread...my appologies) but was this PvP you speak of in BG's or open world? I ask because your post says 'Changes on Test - Autoattack' leading me to beleive you were PvPing on Test or Test_Copy.
  7. ARCHIVED-Rocc Guest

Sorry, it was in BG. To my knowledge there is no longer pvp on test or test copy. I think it's been disabled. I saw something in 1-9 chat about that a few days ago so not sure about Test but /testcopy pvp has been disabled and so has the armor/token merchant. If you play pvp I believe you can still /testcopy or just go to testcopy server, create a toon and buff it to 90.
    Edit - correction.... just read this. http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=477102
  8. ARCHIVED-ZerkerDwarf Guest

Is there anything berserker-specific about? Seems if autoattack was increased generally - so for ALL classes equally or what? That wouldn't be a benefit for berserkers... except for duelling mages and healers.
    (?)
  9. ARCHIVED-Hardain Guest

Like i said, weapon damage ratings were increased, so it affects everyone who uses weapons.
  10. ARCHIVED-ZerkerDwarf Guest

Mkay. So there isn't a change at all so to speak, when every melee class is boosted equally. We are still inferior to equally geared SKs in EVERY concern at once etc.