Change to Zerker or "Wait and see" ?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-JohnDoe032, Dec 17, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-JohnDoe032 Guest

I'm playing a fully geared, fully mastered 198AA guardian currently... and I've been really considering changing over to a Berserker lately. They seem to have a much easier time in Heroic Instance grouping, as well as general tanking with a less than optimal setup.
    I played a Berzerker from game release until end-game EOF when my guild decided they really needed me to change over to a Guardian. I did so, but have never felt quite comfortable with the role... RoK was decent for leveling and tanking all the way through VP, and Trakanon... then TSO came out and it became a major headache. I've got a few friends who play Wizards & Warlocks... and I've flat out told them they can't come group because they bring a troub and make me want to break my keyboard like the angry german kid on youtube. Then it suddenly a lightbulb went off... change over to a Berzerker to both be useful again and channel that pent up rage. ;)
    I just hate to give up all my masters and have to start over with the Zerker Mythical incase they fix agro issues with EOF and nerf berserker dps.
    Does anyone have an opinnion? Is it worth it at this stage of the game, or should I wait and see if they fix it in Feb? I took the "wait and see" approach for the TSO "fix" to fighters, and it never materialized. I've got 2 80 alts I'm more than happy to sit and finish their AA on for the expansion to take a "wait and see" approach... but if it is going to be more of the same TSO related, I'm very inclined to make the change and start fixing my macros up for a zerker right now.
  2. ARCHIVED-Aull Guest

I never tell anyone what to do but I would say that if I was in your position I would wait.
    I just want to say that both warriors need a hate mods and transfers if the dps in the group is very high. Yeah guardians suffer much more than a zerker does, but please to not think that betraying to a zerker will make it easy-mode like the crusaders. As a zerker you will still need to work for the aggro but not as hard as a guardian.
    For now I wouldn't do anything but wait till next expac or better yet once the nda is lifted you should be able to get a better feel for what both warriors will be handed. Then make your move.