Change to Sunbrite Clothwork Pegasus for F2P

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Lateana, Nov 12, 2022.

1. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

When I went to buy Stomposaurus (1 silver), I discovered that my current mount was no longer usable. I had leveled my Sunbrite Clothwork Pegasus to the max of 20 and now it says I need a membership to use it. I am stuck with using my Winter wolf or the new statless Stomposaurus.

I am not happy with the change that occurred with no notification. I understand that F2P has limitations, but why the change at this point?
    Soara2, Breanna and Twyla like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Soara2 and Twyla like this.
  3. Zornar Member

At the bottom of the tooltip for the mount in the EQ2U link in the previous post it says "Requires membership."
    Soara2, Sigrdrifa and Twyla like this.
  4. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

It changed and a few folks I know saw the same change today.
    Soara2 and Twyla like this.
  5. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

6. Mugwort Active Member

It does seem strange, that after these many years, the Sunbrite changed into a prestige item. However, membership was required to participate in the Race to Trakanon. If required membership is the rationale behind this change, then it might be an intentional change.

However, it could be something else.

The more recent "Everquest II Everquest II Welcome Windfall Subscriber Crate!" has what appears to be a copy/paste of the Sunbrite called the "Dreamdash Clothwork Pegasus". The Dreamdash has identical graphics and when the wardrobe is used, to first examine the Sunbrite, then follow up with the Dreamdash, the Sunbrite will disappear (which usually happens when identical items are examined, one after another).

It would have been nice if the eye buttons were a different color to distinguish between the two, but they do look identical. If it was not intended, maybe these two patchwork twins got mangled.
    Soara2 and Cyliena like this.
  7. Caith Developer

The Prestige tag on the Sunbrite Clothwork Pegasus is a bug that is already fixed internally.
    Soara2, Cyliena, Twyla and 6 others like this.
  8. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Thank you!!!
    Soara2 likes this.