Change back to eq2theme.mp3 at character selection

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Ginrummy, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Ginrummy Member

Everything was working fine. Im back after 8 years and the nostalgica is great!
    The original music in EQ2 from 2004 by Laura Karpman still playes, even when I´ve upgraded to Reign of Shadows with all previous expansions everything sounds as it did back in the days.
    When the game is starting up and in the character selection I just feel magic.

But today I was changing game version to play on another server, and I checked the button to "fully download".

Now there is a new song playing at startup that totally breaks the magic, for me, when starting up this game.
    I have tried to delete the mx_exp17_main_theme.mp3 from my music folder.
    I even made a copy of the original eq2theme.mp3 and renamed it to the named above.
    But when the game starts it overwrite this file to the new one again.

I know I can make a folder for every zone and put a chosen mp3-file in it.
    But how do I change the startup- and character selection screen music?
  2. Ginrummy Member

I succeeded! Im so happy! :D
    Just when I´ve posted this thread I tested one more thing. To copy eq2theme.mp3 to my "custom_music" folder and renamed it to: mx_exp17_main_theme.mp3
    I was confused by not having a zon to put this music in. And tried to make changes to the original "music" folder and not my "custom_music" folder.
    But maybe this post can make somebody else happy too. :)
  3. Tkia Well-Known Member

WEll done on figuring it out. :cool: It will break again when they release the next expansion as they now always change it to something from the new content. The worst part of fixing it is working out which file they're pulling the new version from to replace it.
    Breanna, Hartsmith and Ginrummy like this.