Champions Interception Discussion.

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Estred, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Estred Well-Known Member

I have been messing around with this skill ever since it came out. I reserved my thoughts because I really wanted to test it out. Currently it stacks when non-tank-group mates take damage. Upon activation 1% DR per stack is given to all non-fighter group allies. It also converts 2.4% of the Guardians DPS to hate.

The problem with it is that I have yet to have a fight where it really seems to make any impact even at 50% DR and 120% conversion, the are very few fights. Only really Drinal and perhaps Amalgamon/BastionHM seem to get any use from this skill. Plane of War I hardly feel it's use.

If this were changed to maybe effect the Guardian I would suggest 50% of the stacks are applied to the Guardian/Fighters. That would max out "self DR" at 25% with 50 stacks. Though that may be overpowering given how much defense the Guardian class already has. I just am hard pressed to find a place that it is worth more than Defenders Charge other than you lose Stoneskins on Defensive Minded by going Offense Line. You also lose the 4.5% constant DR from Champions Watch but you trade off for Grit.

I am wanting to hear from other Guardians. What is your take on this skill? I feel it hardly has use outside of HM or as a group-recovery type thing... except when a group is recovering chances are it is because the Guardian died.

-Is it great as is?
    - Does it need a change?
    - Do you agree with the suggstion above?
    *if not why?
    - If change is needed what is it?
    - What do you like/dislike about it?

Edit: I am not fully suggesting it be changed. I am saying IF it is deemed it must be changed; that is an idea. The goal of this thread is just discussion about players experience with the ability.
  2. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Instead of adding 25% DR to all fighters I would rather just have my 8% uncontested riposte back aerilik thoughtlessly yanked from the warrior tree in TSO. So champions intercept could give the guard 8% uncontested avoid.
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

That... I would like that. It also wouldn't have the overpowering PvP aspect of stacking DR on the tank. Nicely put.
  4. Buffrat Well-Known Member

This ability is already OP as is. It does not need to be changed.
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

Buff, I never said it had to be. I was asking how people felt with experience with it. It IS a powerful ability, though I seem to not really notice it's effects even in PoW. Thrown on AE-inc it seems to not have a noticeable effect to me. I said "IF it is deemed it must be changed; that is an idea." Meaning that I do not really believe it needs any change.

Is it impossible to have a discussion about how people feel about a skill without asking for changes? If so then I would sooner let this thread die than bother repeating myself that I don't think it needs changed.

Edit: Besides, maybe I will see more use on this as we try Bastion/Drinal/Amalgamon HM's. Thus far it's impact even at 50% DR is not noticeable for me... it probably is for my healers. Oh and did I say yet that I don't think it needs changed?
  6. Davngr Well-Known Member

it's really nice on heavy aoe damage fights when guards fall short since they aren't an aoe tank with unlimited target taunts/damage abilities and such. i wouldn't mind it being changed but then again i wouldn't mind it staying the same.

also i agree that loosing was 8% riposte was huge for both guard and zerk.. such a raw deal that was.
    Sixgauge likes this.
  7. Buffrat Well-Known Member

You asked, I answered with my thoughts.
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

Fair enough. Aside from OP what are you exact thoughts on how to use this skill effectively? Just throw it on AE-Inc and well, hope it helps. I just was getting at that it is hard to measure how much of a difference this skill makes though I would bet 1K plat at least that it is indeed making an impact on the healers.

Just wish mine would actually answer me when I ask them.
  9. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Cancel it in the last second for half of your increments back.
  10. Estred Well-Known Member

Thanks, though it gave less and less every second longer it ran. If you can just cancel at 1 second left though that makes it a bit more useful than I thought originally.
  11. Buffrat Well-Known Member

I'm not really sure what it is, but the guardian I play with nearly always has it at capped increments and says they get half their increments back every time.
  12. Estred Well-Known Member

I average 25-35 stacks maintained for every 35 seconds... not sure how he is getting back up to 50% every time.

Edit: Tested on Tagrin Maldric. 50 stacks canceled at 2 seconds remaining was returned 6 stacks of Champions Sight. It defenitly falls in return rate.

Perhaps your guards group takes more hits? It stacks faster when non-fighter allies are damaged.