Champion and Dreadnaught Scout Shields... Please

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by Ecno, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Ecno Well-Known Member

Caith...

Can you please finish putting in the scout shields... we still do not have a Champion or Dreadnaught round shield. Also please remember to put them in the new expansion!

Currently the two shields to choose from are the Chaos Bringer's Guard... lvl 95 older shield that has the better protection than the newer Destroyer scout shield (1204 protection vs 1140 protection). The new shield has better base stats, boosts hp by about 12k... but still worse protection and actually 81 less toughness than the older shield.

Here is what is needed for a scout shield...

• 4 Shields, 2 for Champion tier and 2 for Dreadnaught tier.
    • Toughness and Lethality versions
    • It needs to have @ 1400 protection for Champion version and @1500 for Dreadnaught version.

Thanks...
  2. Talathionwins Active Member

As long as rangers can't benefit from using a shield when using their bows. It would also be helpful if melee autoattacks were not worthless.
  3. Ecno Well-Known Member

I am sorry but thats how it works in this game and always has... not just Rangers... but for ALL classes that use a shield. You may just want Rangers to not have shields... but it is a choice and I sacrifice a large amount of Lethality and DPS to have the added defense... as does any class that chooses a shield.

What youre basically suggesting is changing entire mechanics of how block and weapon stats apply during battle... based upon exactly what that person was doing at that time. So a live on the fly change of stats every split second.

For instance... Healer casts a heal spell, well during the time that healer is casting heal spells... they receive no benefits from their shield or weapons. Fighter shoots an arrow at a player, during that time they are shooting their arrow... they lose all shield defense and benefits from their primary/melee weapons. Mage casts a spell, well hes too focused on casting spells to be blocking with a shield right? Lets just make all Block chance or parry etc etc on rings and other things not work... because I mean you cant block with rings right? Or a necklace??? While we are at it lets make it so, when your shield is on your back.... you receive block chance in that area only.

What about all scouts with shields? Cause let me tell you... there are alot more than just Rangers using shields. Troubadours... some Assassins, Swashies... really any scout can benefit from having a shield in certain fights... usually for solo spec or when knowingly fighting melee classes. Especially when you factor in auto attack damage being a very small % of total damage in a PVP fight.

Its a choice of sacrificing offense for defense and each player/class must determine when and if they should make that choice. Lots of classes, Rangers included... also have a second sword for boosting offensive damage when fighting non melee classes. Its a choice of stats and thats all that gear is, everyone has their primary weapon they use and shouldnt be penalized for whatever their off hand weapon is. Imagine all classes, not receiving stats for their Ranged slot item when they dont have it in their hand.... yeah talk about pissing some healers, mages, tanks and scouts off!

I like the idea of realism but what youre asking for is something for EQ Next and a new game being developed from the beginning... not one that has been established for nearly 11 Years. EQ2 was not designed like that, this isnt... TERA, where everything was made for live combat with realism in mind. Gear stats and shields work how they are and always have. What youre asking for would change everything for the entire game, all classes... and would be a VERY very timely/unnecessary change... especially at the end of EQ2s life.
  4. Trasor Active Member

I can't believe this has not been fixed yet. I wonder if PVE gear has missing upgrades as well?
  5. Talathionwins Active Member

I am simply concerned for the already worthless (pretty much) melee autoattack being more worthless. I wouldn't mind scouts/healers getting shields again if they adjusted DPS mod to be the same in PvP as it is in PvE. Potency / Crit bonus adjusted so they are penalized the same.

After that fix I would gladly go for scouts/healers with shields again. Critical Bonus needs buffed, while Potency needs nerfed in PvP.

Its quite sad that my 600% CB turns into 256% in PvP and my 367 potency turns into 241%. Cuz' honestly that isn't right.
  6. Ecno Well-Known Member

While I would love to see alot of things different with stats... I have just learned to accept it is how it is. If you want to ask for big changes in the way the mechanics/stats etc work in PVP... pls do it in your own thread.

Tanks, Priests and Mages all have Champion/Dreadnaught Shield/Symbol options, but scouts have been stuck with 2 horrible Destroyer shields since the new gear hit.

Simple things like adding 4 scout shields that should have been in with all the other PVP items months ago is all I am asking for and should be fairly easy to do.
  7. Mopeygothic Active Member

While you are doing that, please add block chance to all shields

Not having block chance pretty much nullify the benefit and merely introduce punishment to drop a 2h or dw
  8. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Just putting this thread back on page. I too want to have scout Shields in PVP! I did'nt know bout the destroyers Shields tho, i have been looking at champ and dread so ive been using a crap round shield from heroic Hive, so... zero pvp stats on it.