Challenge Heroic Loot

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Fenin, Sep 1, 2023.

1. Fenin Member

Posting this based on the beta H3 heroic currently, but it's also been an issue in the past.

The loot from the H3/challenge heroic on GU beta is currently set to 450 resolve base, which is the same as H3 contested. The names in there are significantly harder script wise than current H3 instances or H3 contested, which are already harder than raid scripts. The difficulty / reward ratio for challenge heroic content has always been a bit underwhelming, but it's especially bad for the new H3 zone in GU beta.

Please considering reviewing / boosting the loot from challenge heroic content, both in current GU coming up and future ones. These zones are by far the most difficult content in game each xpack, but usually don't provide rewards to match. They would probably be run more if the reward was worth the effort.
    Taiyla, Marranda, Grayalex and 8 others like this.
  2. Goezer Master of Crayons

I agree, this is the content to keep us busy till the next expansion launches. The loot has to be something viable to make people want to run it. Not just the few collection/upgrades to neck/Mira weapon. Make the efforts worth while.
  3. Taled Well-Known Member

I understand not wanting it to be stronger than raid resolve, but you guys have kind of shot yourselves in the foot here itemization wise - what's the point in running the GU zones if the loot is only 450 and the scripts are harder than Contested H3s?

I mean, I'm still going to go through them enough to at least get the achievements, etc, but I doubt there will be many long term groups that are capable of H3 content that are willing to run these, unless there is something else to them that we haven't seen as well.
  4. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Give the challenge loot procs or other stat boosts different than resolve. I'd like to see the raid loot in Mahalla still at least somewhat desirable.
    Tyrval and Athenia like this.
  5. Taled Well-Known Member

Hell, it could even have the same nonsense as the Mahalla buffs, where it gets 'Only works in Renewal of Ro Heroics' instead of 'Only works in Renewal of Ro Raids'. It's dumb and I probably wouldn't farm for it, especially given we're at the end of the expac, but I'm sure some others would.

(I also wouldn't farm for 'Only works in Renewal of Ro Raids' from the final raid zones, personally, but /shrug)
  6. Fenin Member

ewwe, no! No more only works in the zone you already cleared to get the item effects please.
    SolarFaire, Shwetty, Priority and 4 others like this.
  7. Purajh Member

I would be honest the amount of gear changing based on content your doing is getting a bit out of hand , so gear specific to heroics would be just another layer of that. Personally I would like to see something that is useful on a wider scale similar to the Price paid from Den Challenge or incubator from Toil and other things like that. Also something to give account flags to be more alt friendly as this expac has been harsh on people that want to play more than one character. these are just my initial thoughts.
  8. Goezer Master of Crayons

I could see them boosting Raid loot (For final bosses a tad as well) being quite a few haven't finished Expansion yet, However, the loot needs to be brought up in GU for people to actually have a desire to log in and run it. Currently there's the neck upgrade and the mira weapon upgrade, Do you really think people will go dashing after it zone after zone for just that? I don't.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  9. Smashey Well-Known Member

Nothing they could do would make people want to farm the coming GU content outside of that 1 carry over item.

Even celestial drops is useless in 3 months (outside of ascensions). Why would people spend nights farming 460-470 gear that is useless in December?

Once people get that new carry over item, everyone left behind wont be able to finish their own item. Its the same with raiding until the next expansion, why bother outside of getting people the upgraded flawless buff?

Self inflicted gun shot wound not releasing a summer raid with something to carry over too.
  10. Bentenn Well-Known Member

The contested loot put in was way OP and should’ve never been what it is now, leaving room for the new H3 to scale above the current H3 zones as well as H3 contested. That is 100% the problem in this scenario. Sure no raids, but again contested should’ve never been what it is.

Original H3- 435 with bonus 440
    Contested- 440 with bonus 445 and of course CBOC ok items. The helm should’ve only been 455 and the bracers 455. The boots should’ve been 454 all stuff from achievements.
    New H3s be 450 with bonus 455 and achievements 460 stuff.

But contested messed it all up and it is what it is now.
    Manafizzle likes this.
  11. Bentenn Well-Known Member

I mean new den set would make you want to do GU. New adorns that will carry over will make you want to do GU. We don’t know what achievements there are adding or adorns. Something will be there. Then again…maybe it won’t.
    Zhevally likes this.
  12. Athenia Well-Known Member

I honestly can't even find groups to run the current H3s because of their difficulty. If the new GU's content is even harder and there's no worthwhile reward then that's kind of the end of this expansion's content for folks also in my position.

Don't get me wrong - I'd love to run H3s. I have the resolve, I just can't find the people. It's one of the side-effects of coming back to the game after years away and being on the more casual side. It's harder to find groups to coordinate for the more challenging stuff already since there are long-time players in the game that have their trusted folks they like to run with (and I get it, you don't want to run the risk of wasting time with a group that goes nowhere).

IDK, itemization in this expac is so wonky and this is a good example of it. There's got to be rewards that make players absolutely salivate over the opportunity to get for stuff to be playable past a run or two. I also have a feeling that's also a good chunk of why it's harder to find groups now, too. You played it, you got the achievement for it, now you're done and there's no real reason to run it again.
    Marranda likes this.
  13. Clintsat Well-Known Member

If the lockout of the zone remains 3 days, there's going to be a ton of issues if it's the only place to get loot upgrades. There just aren't enough active tanks in the game to cover the number of folks that will want to try to get into the zone.
    SolarFaire, Marranda, Athenia and 2 others like this.
  14. Taled Well-Known Member

Easy, all us tanks just have to make four tank alts each!
    Manafizzle likes this.
  15. Tanithelas Member

Yeah make the gear worth it or be satisfied w ghost town until expac.
  16. Sentrasia Well-Known Member

I agree with some of the sentiments that have already been expressed here. The quality of the gear is lacking here vs. the time requirement/difficulty.

I'd rather not see any zone specific stats added as there is already enough of that with raids and raid zone specific stats/effects. Lets not add in even more gear swaps for people.

Most of the people who are going to be able to run/clear the zone are already going to be in full contested/raid gear. That means the only benefit is maybe different stat combo's than you can get out of contested, and, for most that is not enough reason to run the zone. There needs to be something worth chasing after for people to run it regularly.

Although, with a three day lock out that is going to further limit the number of people available to run it as well. Most guilds have way more DPS and utility than they have healers and tanks (Not even taking into account anyone trying to PUG these zones). Especially since most groups are going to need a shaman healer.

I genuinely don't expect this zone to be run successfully by 99% of pugs. Even on Maj'Dul you don't really see anyone pugging H3 instances and only rarely ever see H3 contested pugs. Generally, the only successful H3 pugs are ones that are groups of players(or alts) from different guilds that already regularly clear H3's with their respective guilds. With a three day lock out you won't even see those pugs though.

I'd also suggest adding Shards of Rejuvenation (for the desert parched weapon quests) to the named kills and maybe add Mira coins to at least the weekly quests.
    Taiyla and Marranda like this.
  17. Kaladz Active Member

There needs to be some chase item(s) to incentivize people to run this zone. Den was a good example as you could work towards the adornment set as well as other unique items (price paid). As it is, 450/455 loot will be worthless for the majority of people running the zone who are geared in contested or raid gear. There needs to be some BIS item(s) that makes people want to run the zone. I love the challenging content (It's the only reason I continue to play to be honest), but there does need to be rewards to match the effort required for the content.

I'd love to see some sort of currency system where you earn currency for each name you clear in the zone with the boss giving a larger amount of currency. Once you earn enough of the currency, you can purchase some BIS item(s). This allows players to see what item they can earn and gives them a sense of progress as they work towards it.
    SolarFaire, Taiyla, Marranda and 10 others like this.
  18. Chrol Developer

Caith they want a 21 piece item set.
  19. Shwetty Active Member

This makes those proc items less desirable, no item should be 'only works in xxx zone'
    Taiyla, Marranda, Sentrasia and 4 others like this.
  20. Ghostouls Well-Known Member

What a useless GU... all the work you all did on this one, and no one is gonna do it. Everyone in my guild, thus far, said they are not doing it, they got other things to do, that will benefit them more. There is no upside to this one. If we wanted garbage loot, we could go do H2 and H3's now.... what an utter waste of time.