Chainarmor

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kaegrim, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Kaegrim New Member

I would like some more choices on chainarmor looks.
    When browse for spending alittle stationcash, i cant find mutch in the chainarmor section.
    Just a wish....

/Kaegrim
  2. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

There's always the broker and sites like ZAM/LootDB/uEQ2Wire.

You'll have to do a lot of trial and error but you might just find a set you like that requires only a time investment and not SC.
    Shamus9 likes this.
  3. Shamus9 Active Member

Kaegrim, I am not sure what level you are, or what kind of "look" you are after...

I didn't like the way the chain pants came with an added "skirt" or how the round knee shields looked on my Beastlords. Just by chance, I put the "Dark Pathfinder" chain set on in my appearance tab & I really liked the look of it. There is no pants "skirt", no round knee plate, and the pants & boots meet nicely! This is the complete set you get from doing the very first Darklight Woods quests, starting at the very beginning little hub & ending with all of the T'var Post (sp?) quests. For my male troll, I added the shoulders from the Gorowyn starting area (gave him a burlier look), & for my female Iksar, I went to the Frostfang starting area and used the initial gloves, wristguards, & shoulders with the rest of the DLW set. It didn't cost anything but a little time. AND I got some great house items etc from each of the starting areas!:)

The DLW "Dark Pathfinder" set is all black and does not look like the other chain armor. It may not be what you are looking for, but it is an option. I now check the appearance of items before I transmute them, especially if they are quest items like this set.:)
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I second the suggestion to shop the broker. Use your dressing room window. Set the broker search for "chainmail" and your class, pick a slot (chest, head, etc.), with a level range of zero to your current level. Then sort the results by item name, and start trying stuff on. I hate to admit how many hours I have spent shopping around to get JUST the right look for a toon.

Also, check out EQ2 Trader's Corner Fashion section. There's screenshots of all the craftable armor.
    Shamus9 likes this.