Celebrate With the Ratonga: May 31 - June 6, 2011

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, May 27, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Amnerys Guest

[IMG]

Celebrate With the Ratonga: May 31 - June 6, 2011

“Rats. I’ve seen them in the street, I’ve dealt with them in my study, and I’ve come to my wife’s rescue when she sees one scurrying through the house. I’ve never minded them, and in fact, never have seen them as the filthy, disease-infested, creatures that they have as a reputation. They have a role to play, even if it is a seemingly miserable one.
    [IMG]

It’s little wonder then, why so many of my friends and neighbors find the ratonga every bit as undesirable as the common rat. They draw a possibly inevitable conclusion that the two species are interrelated, and thus, assume that the ratonga themselves are just as deplorable. Given that the vast majority of the ratonga live within the despotic city of Freeport, the few ratonga who have found a home here in the past have been viewed with suspicion at least, hostility in the worst cases. For all the freedom that we advocate here in Qeynos, we can be surprisingly narrow minded to those that choose to abandon the dark and venture to the light.
    [IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Aiirbornne Guest

I know lots of people that play Ratonga.. there an interesting scout, a great mage.. and i even made one a Mystic ( 90 / 300AA ).

Any word on whether the Ratonga Illusion will be like the mushroom illusion cliky i received on the last community party.. or more like Nipik's gift and only have a set number of charges?
  3. ARCHIVED-Telden Guest

I wonder what a "Seeker of Cheese" housepet is. Maybe a roekillik?

Who Moved My Cheese?
  4. ARCHIVED-tortoisegirl Guest

i wonder why they are going neutral? they've always been shifty and evil by nature, i thought. if the goody two-shoes side can have rats without having to deal with all the betrayal hassle, why can't we evil folk have goody two-shoes frogloks? :(
  5. ARCHIVED-ravenkitty Guest

now the rats are neutral?? PLEASE! DON'T do this to the Iksar too! :(:(:(:(
  6. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

Chiyoiche@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    What difference does it make if they do it to all races and professions for that matter. Alignment should be something you choose, not something forced on you by birth. Later if you want to redeem yourself and become the other then betrayal questline would be there for you.
  7. ARCHIVED-Xuphor Guest

I copied my character to Test Copy to check Qeynos NPC's (I've been a ratonga for years), and good news my fellow ratongas, the NPC's in Qeynos are just as racist as they ever were :p Perhaps even more so.
  8. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

Aw man!
    I made a Ratonga Conjy a few weeks back using the race change potion to start off L1 as a Conjy. If I'd known Ratonga were finally being made neutral I'd have held off. >_<
    But glad they are finally.
  9. ARCHIVED-Shotneedle Guest

Lunamoth@Oasis wrote:
    Nope. They were never shifty and evil, just misunderstood!~

I read all the ratonga lore once, I don't remember what the wording was but they weren't evil.
  10. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

Buffratx@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Ratonga were the more neutral, if I recall correctly.
    It's the Roekies (long word I can never spell right) that are the evil shifty ones. After all, they turned on their creator and were quite nastybad to him. After these were sealed away, Ratonga were created and were better behaved.
  11. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Nice! I have been waiting a long time for this! Here's hoping that the ratonga racial armor isn't something stupid.
  12. ARCHIVED-SisterTheresa Guest

Cloudrat wrote:
    I do agree it would be nice if everyone could just choose alignment, because in essence, having the betrayal quest in game kinda makes alignment moot.
    Iksars should stay evil though IMO.
  13. ARCHIVED-SirLags1980 Guest

Found a bug... XP is off.. regardless of what lvl stuff dies.. ie 90 ^ only getting 1 xp
  14. ARCHIVED-Yongqi Guest

illusion doesn't work if you have a mount. Tried turning off everything ..recasting buffs etc and illusion works as long as I am not on a mount.
  15. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

Yay it's finally here !! So glad I stocked up on SC because I will be needing lots of armor and cheeses. I just love it!! Well done!!
  16. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

The Ratonga heritage armor set is the first one I've actually liked a lot, enough to consider buying it. :)
  17. ARCHIVED-Caltros Guest

Cyliena wrote:
    At work, post pics please
  18. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Whiskeytango@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    [IMG]
  19. ARCHIVED-Caltros Guest

Cyliena wrote:
    TYVM, as always you rock!
    As a side note I LOVE this look.
  20. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Whiskeytango@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    NP, just had the thought that a pic with a ratonga would do this a bit more justice so:
    [IMG]