CD timeline done, now what?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Jaysuit, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Jaysuit Member

Ok so I'm late to CD but have just got the timeline done. I'm now sat with 970 resolve and 44k potency. Obviously I won't get very far with these stats and need to improve considerably. I read that I need 1200 resolve and 60k potency.

So how do I get these? Somebody mentioned there is a blue rune available after completing the 'Library questline' but I couldn't see this on eq2wikia so if knows of this please could you let me know. I've also read that the mastercrafted gear is no longer worth getting so I'll be avoiding this.

Any hints on how to get CD heroic ready would be much appreciated, thank you for reading!
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

public quests, and daily/weeklys. I did those and the started doing heroics
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/a-guide-to-chaos-descending.588164/
  4. Jaysuit Member

I was hoping for something a bit more succint rather than a 6 page thread crawl.

Thanks though.
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

Get better gear. Infuse it. Get gear that's better than that. Infuse it. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Succinct enough?
  6. Jaysuit Member

I've got the blue rune from the library questline which is good. Resolve is at 1017.5 and Potency 45k not so good.

This is all rather tedious. Just want to run some groups because, after all, this is supposed to be an MMO.

Bored now.
    Soara2 and Seefar like this.
  7. Seefar Well-Known Member

Your potency is a little low but your resolve is almost good enough to run T1 heroics (you need 1050). What's your health like?

I agree it's all rather tedious :/
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  8. Jaysuit Member

Thanks Seefar, health is at 46.5m

Have been reading the thread linked by Dude above and chatting in game again. It seems I can do a few things immediately:
    - Get a new Tome of the planes with refined rares
    - Sort out my adorns using greater adorns from Panda and using the adorns in Myrist lockbox to better effect.
    - Get some better Myrist food and drink
    - Get the ethereal armour from this years event.

All my gear is from CD solos and has 40 resolve. Even if I'd got the gloom tokens for higher resolve gear I don't have the status to buy from the merchant.

The potency is the real issue though, to pull a minimum additional 15k potency from somewhere seems ridiculous. I'm very close to quitting at the moment as to get to play the game I'd like seems to out of reach for me.
    Soara2 and Dude like this.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

Your first prestige page.. put 8 points into enchanted vigor. That will bump your hitpoints by a good amount.
    Jaysuit, Soara2 and Dude like this.
  10. Melt Actually plays the game

Step 1: Make friends
    Step 2: ???
    Step 3: Run groups
    Soara2 and Dude like this.
  11. Jaysuit Member

Will making friends get my resolve and potency where it needs to be?

Thanks for your *help*.
    Soara2 likes this.
  12. Carynn Well-Known Member

This is why some people left live and play on TLE, because of the stat requirements to get a group. There is another Panda coming out shortly, which will likely have additional resolve boosts. Otherwise, you're stuck grinding public quests and daily/weekly for gear and need to make a ton of plat to infuse that gear. Joining a guild with people that help you ("make friends" as Snikkety snarked) is another way.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

• Solo encounters have no resolve requirements
    • Heroic Tier 1: 1050
    • Heroic Tier 2: 1260
    • Raid Tier 1: 1310
    • Raid Tier 2: 1610
    • Raid Tier 1 Mythic: 1725
    • Raid Tier 3: 1790
    • Expert Heroics start at ~1900?
    • Raid Tier 2 Mythic: 2032
    • Raid Tier 4: 2112
    • Raid Tier 3 Mythic: 2273
    • Raid Tier 4 Mythic: 2395

Mastercrafted gear has 60 Resolve per piece. If you are fully kitted out in Mastercrafted gear, that's 21 pieces × 60 Resolve = 1260 Resolve.

The thing to know is that Fervor > Crit Bonus > Potency > ABMod. That Guide to Chaos Descending has a ton of good info in it, excepting that the but that let you reforge experimented Mastercrafted into insane amounts of Potency has been fixed.

Solos will drop Celestial versions of your orange adorns. You will want to be transmuting any loot you get in solos and Publc Quests that you can't use, because you will want some player crafted Celestial white adorns, also the Juxtaposition, Witness, etc. orange runes. You should do the CD tradeskill line and then the Anchorage starter quests to get recipes and other good stuff.

The Panda quests will give you some white adorns that are good (and we may get better ones when the new panda quests appear). Blue adorns are important for Resolve. WEAPONS are important for Resolve.
    Soara2 likes this.
  14. Avithax Well-Known Member

This sentiment seems to be a ever growing issue now days. The gear/spell grind is overwhelming to say the least.

Depending on your resources A month-long move to Isle of Refuge can quickly iron out issues with gear. Just about anything that drops in raid or heroics can be bought/sold on the broker. Stock up on your celestial gems before moving though, groups are near impossible to find there. As for status, crafting level 110 rush orders is about the fastest way to get lots of it if you have a craft.
    Soara2 likes this.
  15. Melt Actually plays the game

...yes. Your gear gets better with heroic zones. You can run heroic zones with friends. If you put two and two together, you get gear. and also four.
    Blazen, Cyrrena, Soara2 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Melt Actually plays the game

Not really snark. This is a group based game, and it gets a hell of a lot easier if you get consistent groups. I.E. Friends. Or a guild. Or even a pug with some consistency. However, complaining about not getting groups in LFG isn't going to help anyone. This game is old. The majority of players are guilded. It is as simple as hitting U and finding some people you click with, literally and metaphorically.
    Blazen, Cyrrena, Soara2 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Jaysuit Member

But that’s just it, with 45k potency and 1k resolve I can’t run heroics.

I don’t understand how you can’t see there’s a fundamental flaw in the game which leaves returning players unable to meet the requirements of group content.

Thanks for trolling the thread though.
    Jaeded, Seefar and Soara2 like this.
  18. Melt Actually plays the game

My man, I AM a returning player. I've been here just under 2 months and have cleared the xpac, mythic raid content included. At the end of an expansion, where heroics can nearly be soloed, you absolutely can get through heroics with a geared group.

Let's do some math here though, shall we?

Mastercrafted gear in this expac is 60 resolve apiece. We can agree that 7 armor slots, 1 cloak, 2 charms, 2 rings, 2 earrings, 2 wrists, a necklace and a belt adds up to be 18 slots, yes? 60x18 is 1048. Add to that 270 from the 2 hander from the sig line and 90 from a mastercrafted ranged weapon and you end up with a total of 1440 resolve.

The resolve check for a T2 heroic is.... drumroll... 1332. Which, oddly, is less than 1440.

With potency, your point is slightly more valid. With mastercrafted gear, your potency is lower than solo gear, leaving you with just over 45k with infusions. But a (decent) group won't care about your potency as long as you're not laying on the ground the whole time, and you are free to wear solo gear to make up the potency discrepancy while still in resolve bounds.

Good luck out there! Should take 2 hours or so of harvests with no gear to get the rares you need for that.
    Cyrrena, Dude, Jaysuit and 1 other person like this.
  19. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I am not returning, I have several char in MC gear. It's not that thrilling
    With the expansion around the corner, I wouldn't be trying too hard but that's just me. Looks like a lot of work coming up with it.
    Jaeded, Breanna and Jaysuit like this.
  20. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Sorry, forgot, status, so you can ask for the guides to run the Newsies, tot or library quests on the guide events section. They give a lot of status.
    Breanna and Jaysuit like this.