CD raiding : reflection

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by olleran, Aug 14, 2019.

1. olleran Active Member

Now we know the final raid content of this expansion, i feel it is good time to reflect on this expansion from a ( personal ) raiding perspective.

The raid content basically lasted only about six months which beggars the question why did this happened?

I know that Gninja has posted on this forum that Mythic raid zones did not work ( which i agree ) but i fail to see how they would differ from Challenge raid zones.
    The mechanics were there to make Mythic encounters harder ( dps checks / hps checks etc ) but when we over-ran an encounter timer for example the difference was negligible.
    The only challenge was meeting the resolve check, but even then it really only required one dpser to be able to damage the named, ( this was how my raid force did its first T4 Mythic kill )

Raiders farmed content and upgraded weapons ( with essences etc ) to achieve the resolve required. only to see our work undermined when resolve on weapons was given away to everyone.

I am totally bemused by the Castle Mischief raid. With so little raid content this is something that could have been used to provide the high end raiders a zone to farm ( with appropriate incentives ) for a good part of the expansion. Instead it became a zone that you did once to get progression and never went back to again.

All this has left us with fewer raid nights ( two a week, three if we can use the reset clicky ) and the struggle to keep our raid force together until the next expansion and it is a struggle
    Beee likes this.
  2. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

The worst thing for me this expansion have been months upon months wasted doing T1/T2/T3 because you lost a vital raider and have to gear a new recruit. That was kinda fixed a few weeks ago with an update to how you unlocked gear.

The second most stupid thing is scripts one shotting a raid if they do too much damage. This should never be a thing in my opinion. I rather they included more DPS check fights instead of having people stand around do litteraly nothing but auto attack and joust for 15 minutes.

The third most annoying has been the lack of content. Both raid content but also group content.
    Mermut and Beee like this.
  3. Beee Well-Known Member

2 days each with 4 zones within an hour...

BOOORING

Hopefull waiting for november
  4. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I mean I don't understand the change from mythical to "challenge" except in terms of naming.

This game's entire history of "challenge" content has just been the easy mode mob with a higher check on it, wether it be crit, crit mit, prismatic resistance, resolve etc. The only way they can make content in a game not cleared in two weeks is to put gear requirements on raids through the use of resolve. Unless you wanna go to how raids are in other games where gear isn't a deciding factor and people clear it all in under a month and then sit there without content for months or years.
  5. Kicks New Member

An easy way to have a normal and a challenging mode of an encounter is to design the challenging mob which has a real script and hits hard. Then take the challenging encounter and lessen the outgoing damage and reduce parts of the script and voila, there are 2 encounters that are based on the same fight but feel completely different. Designing another trash mob with more HP and higher mitigation as it is the case now is not challenging it's just stupid.
  6. Kicks New Member

7. Melt Actually plays the game

Are panic scripts still a thing? The other day we went back to get flawlesses for new members and these were like 15 second fights lol, not sure what you mean on that one. I guess you mean Sergie? That one I do agree with. Hate that fight.
  8. Beee Well-Known Member

Thanksfull no, but for some mobs you need cures from your healers, so raid has to stop dps if you are low on healers even if your raid is very shorthanded
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Absolutely this. the Castle is a PITA to do with nothing worth going there for, unless that's where the patterns for Mischievous horse tack drop, and even then it's not worth it.
    Hiza likes this.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

2 mobs have % based curses. So if you if you kill the mobs too fast, cure curses aren't back and things get ugly fast.
    Hiza likes this.
  11. Melt Actually plays the game

Ehh I guess. Even with the cure fights (Jaggedtooth and Fennin?) We still don't have to do too much dps stopping because we generally stagger. The only one that's really an issue is jaggedtooth but we do a maximum of like 4 cure cycles so it isn't so bad. On fennin we just run 6 healers and can do 2 cycles at a time then stop then 2 cycles then stop. Not a ton of waiting and fennin is active enough to keep us entertained.
  12. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I forgot panic scripts were put in, imagine punishing players for playing your game too well.

Also putting panic scripts in after putting pay to win in....
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

*nod* Mileage varies by raid. Some don't have to slow down, some have to pause and some have to stop and/or have people mostly afk for most of the fight.
    In any case, a % based timer for such a limited availability (just healers) and 'time locked' ability like cure curse is.. frustrating.
    Snikkety likes this.
  14. Melt Actually plays the game

is funny because ascensions are ez now