CD PQ's Items No Value/Salvage/Transmute

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Tkoss, May 30, 2019.

1. Mizri Active Member

You act like you've never played the game before. They have never changed gear to be "destroy only" after its been in game for a few months. Repeatable quests gear has never been "destroy only".

The OP is talking about the change to CD PQ gear, not Epic 2.0 from a few expansions ago. Please try to stay on topic and not derail threads.
  2. Menko Member

I believe we are acting like we are fed up with having our time being utterly wasted with no-use rewards. Not one person has claimed "this new no trade thing is horrible...this -new- no salvage thing is horrible."

It is the saturation of these tags that we are fed up with.
  3. Alarra Well-Known Member

I had a look at this yesterday. It is not just limited to the PQ's.
    Certain purple adorns from TOV(Accurssed Sanctum) can no longer be sold for status. The correlation:
    It is adorns that you can buy from the vendor. It seems that all vendor stuff has changed to no-value, no-transmute,no-salvage.
    This smells like an exploit fix that had the sledgehammer hit it.
    And as the vendor items are the same ID as the ones in the PQ's/drop loot, they have the aforementioned tags appended to them.

Fix it please DBG
    Soara2 and Dude like this.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

You're suggesting maybe replace it with this tag: "Dis chit ain't wurth nuthin--toss it?"
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Sylvermune Member

Just to remind everyone that this issue includes the Dr. Arcana key quest rewards as well.
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Faeonara Well-Known Member

I was running Dr Arcana several times in a day so I could transmute the items I got from the chests This was the only way i could get stuff to raise my adorning . My gear is not good enough for heroics and such yet and i was hoping to adorn it to make it better . I have stopped doing his quests since they made that stuff no salvage transmute ect . Why they feel the need to do this is beyond me.
    Soara2, Rhodris and Breanna like this.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

Semi-related note:
    You can get adornments off the freebie gear. For whites, only the celestial crit bonus and celestial extra attacks adorns are better than their planar versions you can get off the gear in the freebie crates.

P.S. I'm not saying the change is a good one, I think it's an awful change, just addressing your particular issue.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

On another thread, Niami reported:

Here's the Discord convo:
    [IMG]
    Soara2, GrunEQ, Blazen and 4 others like this.
  9. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Nice to finally hear what was taking place on this problem. Thnx for sharing, Sig.
    Soara2 and Faeonara like this.
  10. Sylvermune Member

Now that some of the items have reverted to salvageable/transmutable, any word on the Theory Seeker items? Get a lot of these from key quest chests.
    Soara2, Faeonara and Mermut like this.
  11. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Unless I misread the patch notes, thought that was being done this in this am's patch. I know they are rolling out the patches for upgrading all this, but no idea of the timetable.
    Soara2 likes this.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

All of the accolades are still 'destroy only' as well *sigh*
    Soara2 likes this.
  13. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Why couldn't he have posted that here? if it's that hard to retype, he could copy / paste. I hate that the OFFICIAL FORUMS are not used as they should.
    Araleth, Soara2, Rhodris and 3 others like this.
  14. Almee Well-Known Member

I agree with this. I am sick of all the various sites we have to go to in order to get the latest information about what is happening in the game. What is the point of having a forum if it isn't to exchange news, views, and to help one another?
    Soara2 and GrunEQ like this.
  15. Sylvermune Member

Another patch and Theory Seeker and Accolades (from key quest chests) are still non-transmutable/non-salvageable. Will these ever be switched back or are key quests now useless except for maybe experience?
    Soara2 likes this.