Cautionary Tale

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Taken, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Taken New Member

I recently got suspended for 5 days for cheating. So after my forced vacation I sent in petition get some clarity on what exactly was cheating offense. This is response I got;

'The account was suspended because we found it being used in conjunction with software that was actively modifying the memory of the game. This is a violation of our rules and we consider it cheating.'

Does any know which software messes with memory of game? I assume it not eqmaps or Act
  2. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Virtual Machines, I've heard, can trigger their detection.

Botting software is generally what they are talking about, but that canned response really just means 'you were suspended by us. Have a nice Day' Like a C0000005 error code, it could mean anything or nothing.
  3. Svenone Well-Known Member

Sadly, many people still don't know that Daybreak does not allow the use of virtual machine software and/or 3rd party programs that modify the game (or data) in any way in conjunction with their games. Even running the VM/3rd party software for another (presumably legitimate) purpose while the game is running could trigger a false trigger and result in a ban. With the only way to contact them these days being via e-mail, getting a dispute straightened out will likely take many days. Not the best way to keep customers happy, especially for a company who has apparently never known how to effectively market themselves. ACT and EQ2Maps, while they are 3rd party programs, do not modify the EQ/EQ2 program or data, they only take available data and present in another (more useful) way.