Casting mounts indoors

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mindsway, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Mindsway Well-Known Member

This is something that we've needed for some time, even more now with the upcoming GU. We need to be able to cast our mounts while indoors. The primary reason we have it is for the buffs and not for transport, and they've become a rather vital buff in raids (especially the higher crit chance ones). It's also annoying not being able to cast them in a T1 or T2 guild hall after respec'ing.

Most importantly, it's going to be needed after the next GU. When we respec on the fly I imagine we'll lose our buffs just like we do when we change specs with a mirror or the guild hall amenity. If we do this in the middle of an indoor zone then we will lose our mount buff. So is there some way we can have it castable indoors or at least so that it persists even though a respec?
    Dulcenia, Jabob, Jrel and 2 others like this.
  2. Seliri Well-Known Member

i agree OPie
    Guroleil, Prethicre, Bosconi and 3 others like this.
  3. Fictional Reality Active Member

Indoor mounts would be awesome. All I'm saying. ;)
    Prethicre, Guroleil, Bosconi and 3 others like this.
  4. Spock Active Member

Not sure how high of a priority SOE would put on this but go ahead . We never know I'm wondering also with the size of some mounts if it would be possible for some dungeons.
  5. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Well they don't have to give run speed indoors and they don't have to have the illusion, it's just the buff aspect to it that has become kinda important these days. I guess we can zone out and recast it and then hope we have a means of calling back to raid but that's gonna be a major hassle.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  6. Regolas Well-Known Member

Agree it should be castable indoors. If they didn't want them used for the buffs then they wouldn't allow it to "carry over" when zoning in from outside.

It's especially annoying when you have fitzs hover platform that you keep forgetting to use because you've been using a flying mount then can't switch.
    Mindsway likes this.
  7. Spock Active Member

I can imagine it like my warden always use 1 of the shapechange buff it doesnt show when i'm on my mount but the buff is still there.
  8. Taysa Well-Known Member

Agree with the OP.
    Mindsway likes this.
  9. Eileithia Active Member

Agreed. Nothing more annoying than having to zone out of your house after using your mirror to flip between Tank/DPS spec just so you can summon your mount before you COV back to a raid.

If it weren't for the buffs I wouldn't care, but my gear is built around having that mount active to min/max my stats.
    Mindsway likes this.
  10. Enric_of_Neriak Member

I would like to see mounts cast-able indoors as well. I also think the run speed buff should apply in housing and the small and medium guild halls. It does seem a bit counter intuitive to add stats to raid acquired mounts and then prevent them from being cast-able in the very zones they drop from.
    Mindsway likes this.
  11. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Add me to this! This would be awesome.
    Mindsway likes this.
  12. Mae- Well-Known Member

I agree, we need to be able to get these buffs indoors!
    Mindsway and Alenna like this.