Capturing Day and Night, spawn rate of Barakah/Siyamat & drop chance for Scale's

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by TrulyVexed, Dec 7, 2013.

1. TrulyVexed Active Member

Per the subject, I've been trying to finish this quest so I can finally experience Pedestal of Sky and The Djinn Master, I'd estimate I've ran Poets about 50 times in the past and since trying to complete the quest another 20 specifically for the scales and haven't seen a single scale drop from The Keeper of Silence.. I've also had a toon camped in PoF checking for Barakah/Siyamat every couple of hours (I normally get a chance to play most days) and they haven't been up either (unless someone is killing them for fun before zoning into Fabled Pedestal/Djinn?) There are no scales on the broker and I've asked in chat a few times, no-one seems to have any spare. I've tried the various difficulties and normally pick very difficult, mentored to 60, made no odds.

I know this has been brought up before but what the chances on increasing the spawn rate of the Dragons or drop chance for the scales?

I think this is one of the few remaining old access quests that is still "necessary", seems all the others (like Deathtoll etc) were removed. I don't mind that it's necessary, I don't mind running Poets (or the stupid doors) but it stops being fun and becomes tedious fairly quickly when you're continually running a zone that has no reward whatsoever other than what feels like a 1% chance to drop a quest starter, especially considering I'll need 2 of them haven't seen either in 70~ runs.

I know guilds ran this daily for months "back in the day" and it will divide opinion as some people feel "it has to be earned" but it'd be nice if this old content was made just a little more accessible.. increase the drop rate to 5% or 10% or something?
  2. vexa New Member

I second this... I've lost count how many times I have run this (and the stupid doors) to get a silver scale on AB server. Nada. I got the golden scale pre TOV but nothing since the new xpac. I have run it at least 50 times or more total on difficult. The contested mob spawns on the same island as the zone in for djinn masters prism raid x 4 so I am assuming even the greyed out version of this dragon (if it does spawn) is being killed.. because they can. Very frustrating. Just remove the zone in requirements for these old raid zones or make the drop rate much.... much higher pls.
  3. Lera Well-Known Member

Agreed - I remember running Poets Palace for weeks and not finding any scales. It's one thing to do this when the content is new, but the zone is easily soloable even mentored to the appropriate level. Just like the new weekly quest, long and tedious != difficult, or "earning it". There's no challenge in running the zone now, and it's not fun running the zone endlessly.

It would also be nice if some of the old quest drops in the original zones could have increased spawn rates. Zam shows some of them at less than 1%. 5-10% would be much better.
    Finora likes this.
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

I've been running the content on and off since it WAS new content & still have only seen one scale. So yeah, it would be really nice if they upped the drop rate on this. It was too low when it was the high end content.
  5. FieryArcher New Member

After numerous runs (mentored down to level 55/65), I still have no luck on getting either scale. I have completed the access quests to get access to fourth floor, so every time I do the run again, I don't do the floor access quest, except on the third floor that I need to do the 3 ring events in order to go to fourth floor.

BTW, do I need to do all the access quests on each floor again to get the Keeper of Silence drop the Scale?

Every time I completed the run with empty hand, I need to zone out and wait for the lockout time to lapse. It is really frustrating and tedious.

Did I do anything wrong with the run?

thanks
  6. Mogrim Well-Known Member

They're pretty rare drops, but you don't have to do anything special other than just kill him. I've sold the scales for 500p sometimes. Doesn't matter if the mob is grey or not.
  7. Akina_Storms Active Member

I've run around 60 times the zone for the scale, got 2 gold and 1 silver.
    it's pure luck.
    I've also kill 7 or 8 times barrakah, and still haven't see Siyamat, in 2 months of camping on the spot.
  8. Strac Active Member

You dont need to run the access quests every time, and you can skip the statue placing event. The most important thing is to run the zone on it's hardest level ( out of the 3 options when zoning in), and click the Keeper of silence's body for the scale; I can't remember with absolute certainty, but i'm pretty sure the scale was a body drop.

Anyway, just keep running it and you will eventually get it.
  9. Akina_Storms Active Member

Scales are chest drop, not body.