Can't zone from house to house using portals

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Juraiya, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I'm running into what I know was an old bug that eventually got fixed: Some of my homes I can't zone from home to home, even though there are portals from each home in the other. My character (my main) has a total of 25 homes, almost all of which are premium homes. I think he only has two homes that he needs to pay rent on. (Which I haven't bothered with, because he doesn't really need them anymore.)

Here is the specific problem I'm having:

His Felwithe home originally had no portals in it (I had portals to the Felwithe home in most of his other homes), when I noticed that I was suddenly unable to zone into his Everfrost and Mistmoore homes from his Felwithe home. (Both of which I use for portal hubs.) I placed a Mistmoore portal in the Felwithe home, and was able initially to zone to the Mistmoore home via the portal. When I tried to zone back using the door, however, the Felwithe home didn't show up in the list of available homes to zone to. When I clicked the Felwithe portal in that house, I got a message that the zone was currently unavailable.

I exited the house to go directly to Qeynos, grabbed a Mistmoore and Felwithe portal from the outside entry, then entered his Felwithe home. I tried to zone to Mistmoore via the portal already in that home, and got the same message of the zone being unavailable. I picked up that portal and deleted it, placed the new portal to Mistmoore down, and was able to zone into Mistmoore via the portal. I then tried to go back to Felwithe via the door option... the Felwithe home didn't appear on the list of homes I could zone to. Huh. Clicked the portal for that home... message stating zone was not available. Hmm. Picked up that portal, replaced it with the new one I had picked up for the Felwithe home from outside, and once again was able to zone to Felwithe. However, from Felwithe, I was AGAIN unable to go back to Mistmoore via either the door or portal in the Felwithe home; Mistmoore didn't show up on the door, and the portal said the zone was unavailable.

This is frustrating, and reminds me of the bug we had a few years back, when portals were doing similar things, and the doors would only show a single house option. I really do NOT want to have to zone to Qeynos just to go from house to house; I have a few low level evils (although admittedly not many), and occasionally guards DO route near the housing portal, so that could be a problem. I use some of my homes for depots, and because there are SO MANY of those potions we get from the Overseer quests, it requires multiple depots to store them all. That means that sometimes my characters have to go to each depot in a specific order, until they're able to empty their inventories of all of the potions. (Really, why do we need so many of these? Couldn't they be combined, somehow? This is getting a little excessive. Or, could we have the size of the depots expanded, or not make them house-lore? Because even when the portals are working, it's a little tedious to deal with going to multiple homes just to clear out my inventory space.) Right now my characters CANNOT go to each of the homes to deposit the potions, which I can tell is going to start to become frustrating.

This only started happening for me this afternoon. So far as I recall, yesterday it was fine, although I'm not sure that I actually went to my various homes at the time. I don't dump the potions off every day, just when they start filling too much of my bags, so I can't say for sure when this originally started to occur.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is seeing this. I didn't find any threads on it either here or in the bugs forum, but maybe no one else is having this problem.
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

For me, there are times I can see the other prestige house portals listed, but I go somewhere else. I posted about this elsewhere in these forums, and several people mentioned its on going and never fixed.
    Juraiya and Breanna like this.
  3. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I remembered after posting this, that I've encountered this before, and it specifically affects only the Felwithe home this way. Some of the portals to/from the Felwithe home work; others do not. Mistmoore has always been a problem with going to/from the Felwithe home.

I should probably post this on the bugs forum. Since it only affects this one home, not everyone will encounter it, although almost everyone owning this particular home will encounter it.

In the meantime, I should probably use a different home for the depots that I've placed in the Felwithe home, because of the vagaries of this house. It's just going to be a pita removing all the items from those depots, just so I can move the depots elsewhere. It's too bad, because I think the Felwithe home is one of the most beautiful prestige homes, which is why I bought it right after it was released.
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.