Can't update Eq2 or delete everquest2.eve after patch without rebooting

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Sasfer, May 8, 2015.

1. Sasfer Member

If I've been playing eq2 and camped out for an update, it crashes or I just camp out I can't complete an update as I get an error saying Everquest2.exe can not be modified and I also can't move/delete Everquest2.exe either. This happens even if I only load into character select then camp/exit eq2.

After a reboot I can patch fine and move/delete everquest2.exe without an issue. I can find no sign of Eq2 still running in my processes after I close it down. I've tried disabling everything except windows, graphics, sound and network and drivers to see if something is conflicting but it still persists. Although Bullguard my antivirus still seems to have a few processes running despite being disabled from start-up and I've already emailed them regarding that.

Does anyone have or had this problem currently or in the past (Especially if you use BullGuards Internet Security package.) Any suggestions?

This happened before and after a complete format or my system followed by a fresh install of windows 8.1, drivers and Antivirus. Nothing else is currently installed on my system. I suspect this could be linked to my targeting issue that DBG CS hasn't been able to help my with.
  2. Feldon Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good time to move your EverQuest II folder from the depths of wherever into some place that your computer will have no problem modifying. I'd move your EQ2 folder from its current location (something like c:\users\feldon\appdata\roaming\whatever\Sony Online Entertainment\EverQuest II ?) to just c:\EverQuest II. EQ2 does not put anything important in the registry or really "install" itself per se so you should be able to do this.