Can't understand why no blue AOE.

Discussion in 'Troubador' started by ARCHIVED-BrainCandy, Feb 22, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-BrainCandy Guest

For me this is one of, if not the most annoying thing about playing a troub/dirge, when it seems to me we would be the most logical class to have one. Bards use sound as a weapon, sound isn't restricted to just what is in front of you. It eminates in a 360 degree wave. I can't understand why bards have never been given a "shout/scream/yell" whatever ability that damages all targets around you.

-BC
  2. ARCHIVED-DarkDragonVvvV Guest

I believe I was told once the reason we don't have a blue aoe was due to the old quad kiting and mob kiting in eq. Bards would get up their crazy run speed, and kite mobs and blast them todeath.
    We are one of the only spell casting classes that can run and cast at the same time, fighter blue aoes are very small in radius unless your a crusader but most of their larger ones are considered spells and cannot be used while running. Most other classes cannot use theirs while moving. I would much rather beable to move and cast, then get a blue aoe

[IMG]
  3. ARCHIVED-Shorty Guest

Old eq Troub didnt lose the speed when atk a mob, in eq2 you do so kiting as a troub in eq2 is no where close to good old everquest. And trying to kite a mob in TT where you will get atk bye other mobs fast then your crap out of luck, since its a small place. and with lose of run speed and that mobs resett if you go to far, all in all. Troubs in eq2 arnt that good at kiting me thinks, but I might be just bad at it in this game.
  4. ARCHIVED-Hawkmoons Guest

Shorty wrote:
    You can kite quite well, Just slow depending on the mob and what form of kite you have to do. It is not always running in a circle and about the run speed, well you can boost your in combat speed to a lvl where most mobs in the game can not catch you, and of course if you are good at circles or know which mobs have a huge radius you could kite them like mad with blue ae's, I for one would not mind doing that seeing how I was pissed in eq1 when they nerfed bards and then again, then again, a simple fix would be to make blue ae's not castable on the run, I for one hate SF instances for the fact the tank pulls a truck load of mobs and well all I have are encounter ae's and ae proc gear
  5. ARCHIVED-DarkDragonVvvV Guest

Having played a ranger as a main for a long while in this game, when I swaped to troub,alot of the kiting got brought over. Troubs can kite very well, I can kite 3-4 mobs even con, by tabbing and snaring and out running them.

A blue aoe would be nice, but knowing SoE's track record if they made the aoe not castable on the run, then they'd make everything that way. :(
    [IMG]