Can't travel between Skyrshine instances

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Kinvore, Apr 19, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Kinvore Guest

When we start getting 2 or more Skyshrines a group can wind up separated into more than one. In other zones you can right click on a group member's name and go to their instance, but in Skyshrine you can't. Can this please be fixed or can you add a portal that will allow this? Thanks.
  2. ARCHIVED-Detor Guest

Yeah, ran into this myself. I was the last person the group was waiting on, I get invite, accept, go to zone in, and it puts me in a different instance. I zone out, back in, different instance. Zone out, zone in, still wrong instance. They zone out, they zone back in, still not same instance as me. Nothing would do - couldn't get everybody together in the same instance of Skyshrine. Eventually they just gave up and disbanded and I did the solo instance instead. (And then to add insult to injury the solo zone's quest reward was a piece of jewelry for a different class and I couldn't wear it AGAIN)
  3. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

/zone_to_group_member_zone Name

The fact that there are no portals here is just another shining example of half baked quality control issues.
    This should not be required of us to provide input for this there should have been portals for doing this on BEFORE it even made it to test. It isn't like this is a new issue.
    Yeah there is a workaround but to waste 10 minutes explaining to people how to do it and cutting into raid/group time is a joke. They probably consider this a way to make the puny amount of way undertuned content that was provided here to last longer.
  4. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Interesting...

The slash command works even though the UI code isn't flagged active in the zone? I've found that slash command to not work in a zone unless it was also flagged for the ui code to be exposed in the group window.
  5. ARCHIVED-kdmorse Guest

Lempo@Everfrost wrote:
    I was unable to make this work on Wednesday, I'll try again, but I suspect like the UI, it's disabled in these instances.
    You can however use the Solo instances to pop around. Just hop in a solo instance, then when you click the portal to leave, you're given a choice if instances to zone to.
    But that too is a pain to explain to someone, so there's been a lot of CoVing going on...
  6. ARCHIVED-Kander Guest

Mindsway@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    We're fixing this asap.
  7. ARCHIVED-X-NYDOTer Guest

sadly the solo instance shuffle is not always available since its on cool down.. Although i have found out that they are a waste of time anyway so for me in the future those solo instances will always be up LOL.

ya shoulda put a portal for zoning this shoulda been a no brainer as part of the standard items to have in zones...

hope it gets fixed soon...
  8. ARCHIVED-Anastasie Guest

Until this is fixed - a workaround is to zone into one of the instances and when you zone back into skyshrine you get to pick which instance of Skyshrine you want. Taking guild flags and zoning in from Withering Lands is unreliable and often you end up in separate instances.
  9. ARCHIVED-Kinvore Guest

Anastasie wrote:
    Sadly this won't work if everyone in group has just started the quest line, then no one will have access to the instances.
  10. ARCHIVED-kdmorse Guest

Edit: Deleted Post: Me dumb ;)
  11. ARCHIVED-kdmorse Guest

Edit: Deleted post. Me Dumb.
    /Damnit... me extra dumb today...
  12. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

It would still be nice to have one of the zone changing portals. Some of the quests can't be completed unless you change zones and you don't always have someone to group with.