Can't start game on Win7 computer since 27th update

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Gharyn, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Gharyn Well-Known Member

It's not the launchpad. Going directly to everquest2.exe opens a window with a black screen for about 10 seconds and then it's gone.

Is this a Windows 7 thing? I haven't seen anyone else complain about it. I can't be the only Windows 7 user left.

Is it the directx 11 thing I see on test? I saw no mention of that in the update. In fact, I saw nothing in the update that would account for this. Did you push something behind the scenes?

edit: I have not made any changes or installed anything on my computer for quite a while.
  2. Evilary Well-Known Member

I run Windows 7 and have not had an issue. Was playing earlier today. I would suggest maybe running the Validate Game Assets from the launcher. If that doesn't work, I would only be able to suggest trying to reinstall and I'm not sure if either option would help.
  3. Gharyn Well-Known Member

I have done that and I have EQ2 on 2 different hard drives and they are acting the same.

I just remembered that the game has crashed for me twice when camping out in the past couple of weeks. Both times the computer froze for a bit then reset my computers video. There was an error message that said something about directx but it wasn't up long enough for me to read it. I've never had these type of crashes before. That's what made me ask about the directx thing above even though it's not supposed to be on live yet.

If Win7 isn't the issue then it could be something conflicting with my video card. Only they know if they pushed something out that could have caused that.