Can't play on laptop like I used to...

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Ruckus, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Ruckus Well-Known Member

My new wireless laptop (less than a year old) USED to be able to play EQ2 at home. Now, when I log into the game to do stuff like crafting, my characters that I have camped in my "crafting house" cannot do any sort of interaction with anything in that house. Mailbox, broker, KA house plant, tradeskill assistant, can't zone out of the house via the door. I also cannot use in game chat (I have a subscription and not F2P).

I take this laptop to mom and dad's house, and everything works fine from there.

I log into my old wireless laptop, and the game loads just fine, and I can click on everything and use them like normal.

I log into game on my gaming PC, and the game runs normal. It is not wireless, and is plugged into a CAT6 cable.

So why does EQ2 hate my new laptop when it used to be able to run the game just fine? Same laptop runs the game fine at mom and dad's, but at my house...NOPE. I noticed this happening about a month or so ago, and I'm at a loss on why the game runs on ancient laptop via wireless, and the new one loads the game just fine, but once the characters load into my "crafting house", nothing works.

My one character that I do not have camped in my "crafting house" can run around Freeport and interact with NPCs just fine.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

It sounds like your laptop doesn't like your wi-fi.
  3. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Everything else works just fine on this laptop. Twitch. Youtube, etc.

I log into the game as normal, only my toons can't do anything if they are in my crafting house, and I used to be able to play EQ2 just fine if I was not home and not playing on my main PC.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

If the game works just fine when you use the laptop somewhere else, then the problem likely isn't the game.
    Finora likes this.
  5. Arimor New Member

I'm also experiencing the exact same issue after having been off EQ2 for 5 years. Have logged a ticket with support.

Did you obtain a resolution to this by the way Ruckus?