Can't log on.

Discussion in 'Connection Support' started by ARCHIVED-Finora, Oct 22, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Short story:
    I was playing one of my umpteen alts, zoned into the Charnel Hollow nights of the dead instance and crashed out.
    After a short while (five minutes or so) I tried to log back in and could not. I had launchpad up long enough to notice that beta was listed as a location server set choice. Launchpad started patching something (not on beta, just had regular old US server selected) and I got a popup saying that Launchpad needed to be updated. It then closed out and I started it back up again. At that point it would just go to the black box with the SOE logo you get before the launchpad. It crashes out from there.
    Nothing about my computer has changed in the time I was happily doing nights of the dead stuff and the time launchpad ceased to work.

Any ideas? Certainly seems to stem from the "launchpad needs to update" thing.
  2. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Seem to have resolved this myself.

I deleted the Launchpad.libs folder and things seem to be working properly now though I do have to go back & reenter passwords for all of my accounts.
  3. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Finora@Everfrost wrote:
    That file may have been corrupted. Glad you were able to successfully login. Let us know if you have any more issues!