Can't get EQ 1 or 2 working

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by MikeB, Oct 30, 2017.

1. MikeB New Member

A few days ago, I decided to take a trip back to EQ. I installed it, wouldn't run/kept crashing. Couldn't uninstall it because of a C++ error. Followed instructions on multiple forums, still didn't work. Had to do system restore to get rid of it.
    Then, I download EQ2 from the official site. Patcher came up, game started to open, as soon as it starts loading the game world, it crashes. Went back on the forums, deleted files, ran as admin, changed compatibility to every single one available, etc. Still crashes. Had to do another system restore to uninstall it again because of the C++ error.

I really want to play EQ2, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

do you have dx9 installed? it's what is req'd to run it and most windows has 11? I think now.
    Xianthia likes this.
  3. MikeB New Member

Tried and said you must be running in earlier versions of windows to download Directx9
  4. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

hopefully someone can pop in here with the link to the version you need, i'm not in a location where I can look it up.
    Xianthia likes this.
  5. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429
    Install this into your Everquest II game folder, not the default location. It co-exists just fine with the current version, and with Windows 10.
    Hope this helps!
    Xianthia, Shmogre and Ceyllynn like this.
  6. MikeB New Member