Can't fly over Qeynos ?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Geroblue, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Cravaro Active Member

I have a breakout home in the Qeynos Mage Tower. I built it ages ago when I had time. It is not anything special but was something fun to do. I did not use any home teleporters to break out. I built a ramp on the top floor that goes over the invisible wall. You can walk around the mage tower and a small part of South Qeynos. I used dividers to block off some of the "hall of mirrors" effects.

I have not been there much lately, I use my personal guild hall for my in game home now. (amenities). The home was one of the first prestige no rent homes from an LON loot card. I go back there on occasion to grab an item or three to put in the GH. I think the door is still set to visitor access. If you want to look around and the door is locked, PM me and I will change it.

I have a couple of my original mounts outside stabled near the tower moat, I haven't fed them in ages and I bet they could use some feeding and grooming.

For all I know some vagrant gnolls have taken up refuge in the place and are bringing down the value of the neighborhood.

Cravaro's Magical Manor
    Skyfire Server
    Rosyposy, Soara2, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Ask Ttobey what happens when a max speed level 110 Troubie runs into him near the mage tower in South Qeynos!!! And he forgets he cannot fly and he cannot out run the Troubie even on his mount!!!
    Rosyposy, Soara2, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  3. Crock Member

Ancient programming code nobody can (or want to) decipher anymore probably being largest reason, the game is, concernig at least the "classic" zones, very restrictive to anything but ground mounts.
    While the newer in-game zones are more tolerable to leaping & flying mounts, the more classic zones have been barely, or never at all, optimized for "newer" forms of movement. Basically, it's been a huge mess all over for so long ago, no one of the people still responsible for any of it, have been willing to do much if anything about it. It's either people who accepted things for what they are, or those who left the game after seeing for what it is by now.
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Tajar Well-Known Member

I flew once in Freeport, totally random. I jumped off the ledge behind the execution pit, my flying mount kicked in and managed to fly over towards where the entrance to Deathknell is before the zone remembered that flying isn't allowed and dropped me like a stone lol
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

"We're revamping Qeynos...And you'll be able to FLY!" - a former producer at a past SOE Live giving the environment artists a stroke.

*enjoys a Pepperidge Farm cookie*
    Crock, Cyrrena, Breanna and 3 others like this.